Watch what stars like Oprah Winfrey, Stevie Wonder, Arsenio Hall, Anthony Anderson, Tatyana Ali, Wendy Raquel Robinson, and Malcolm D. Lee had to say on the red carpet to EURweb associate Fahnia Thomas.
“It’s fun. It means you are in the club!”
Fan favorite Oprah Winfrey said nominations are pointers saying you’re moving in the right direction.
“It means you merit other people’s attention and once you get ranked it doesn’t matter who wins, affirmed the idol. “Whither Arsenio gets it or I get it or Latifa gets it or Harvey gets it…You’re in the game! You’re in the game!”
The media mogul has won six NAACP Image Awards.
“It feels great to be nominated because I’ll probably get to seat next to Stedman (Graham),” quipped Arsenio Hall.
“My look when they say all of our names and when they say my name is, ‘oh great’ and I’ll nod my head,” joked Hall. “My look when they say ‘the winner is Oprah Winfrey,’ ‘oh great’ and I’ll clap!”
“We’re going to have some fun tonight,” laughed the host. “It’s an awards show about us, for us and we’re just celebrating our own! For years we were overlooked but we’re here now.”
“I call him the first and only President for the world,” said the icon. “Because the essence of what he represented is something every leader throughout the world should do.”
“Since the dinner happened last night I don’t have to be nervous tonight,” shared the Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series winner. “I can just enjoy the show and be a fan!”
The nine time nominee won Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series for “The Game.”
“It’s actually kind of numbing,” shared Robinson. “I think it’s going to hit me tonight.”
I feel like we’ve already won by just being in the category with “Lee Daniels’ The Butler,” “Mandela,” and “Fruitvale Station.”
“I didn’t quite believe it,” confessed the Outstanding Directing in a Motion Picture contender. “It took a couple days to sink in.”
“It’s a perfect marriage! It is like they’ve come home.” declared Hughes. “They’ve always been about the empowerment of the black community. What is more important than the empowerment of black Entrepreneur.”
This is the first time the NAACP Image Awards has been on a black network.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here