*Rosie Perez and Jennifer Lopez have been frosty toward each other for more than two decades, Perez reveals in her upcoming memoir, Handbook for an Unpredictable Life.
It all started on the set of “In Living Color,” where Perez was the choreographer for the Fly Girl dancers and J.Lo was auditioning to join the group.
Perez says she immediately noticed Lopez, who she recalled as a beautiful girl with “a big ass,” reports the New York Post. Show creator and host, Keenan Ivory Wayans, wasn’t a fan though. She had to convince him to hire Lopez, who he thought was “chubby and corny.”
Perez soon regretted her support of Lopez.
“All of the girls were coming into my office complaining how she was manipulating wardrobe, makeup, and me, all to her advantage,” Perez writes.
Soon, Perez says, Lopez was going off on her like “some ghetto biatch, screaming and pounding her chest!”
Perez writes that there are still hard feelings between her and the “American Idol” judge.
“We ladies of color all know how hard it is for us in the entertainment business,” Perez writes. “This kind of sh*t hurts us all and those that follow in our footsteps.”
Handbook for an Unpredictable Life: How I Survived Sister Renata and My Crazy Mother, and Still Came Out Smiling (with Great Hair) will be released on Feb. 25.
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here