*Rosie Perez and Jennifer Lopez have been frosty toward each other for more than two decades, Perez reveals in her upcoming memoir, Handbook for an Unpredictable Life.
It all started on the set of “In Living Color,” where Perez was the choreographer for the Fly Girl dancers and J.Lo was auditioning to join the group.
Perez says she immediately noticed Lopez, who she recalled as a beautiful girl with “a big ass,” reports the New York Post. Show creator and host, Keenan Ivory Wayans, wasn’t a fan though. She had to convince him to hire Lopez, who he thought was “chubby and corny.”
Perez soon regretted her support of Lopez.
“All of the girls were coming into my office complaining how she was manipulating wardrobe, makeup, and me, all to her advantage,” Perez writes.
Soon, Perez says, Lopez was going off on her like “some ghetto biatch, screaming and pounding her chest!”
Perez writes that there are still hard feelings between her and the “American Idol” judge.
“We ladies of color all know how hard it is for us in the entertainment business,” Perez writes. “This kind of sh*t hurts us all and those that follow in our footsteps.”
Handbook for an Unpredictable Life: How I Survived Sister Renata and My Crazy Mother, and Still Came Out Smiling (with Great Hair) will be released on Feb. 25.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here