*Rosie Perez and Jennifer Lopez have been frosty toward each other for more than two decades, Perez reveals in her upcoming memoir, Handbook for an Unpredictable Life.
It all started on the set of “In Living Color,” where Perez was the choreographer for the Fly Girl dancers and J.Lo was auditioning to join the group.
Perez says she immediately noticed Lopez, who she recalled as a beautiful girl with “a big ass,” reports the New York Post. Show creator and host, Keenan Ivory Wayans, wasn’t a fan though. She had to convince him to hire Lopez, who he thought was “chubby and corny.”
Perez soon regretted her support of Lopez.
“All of the girls were coming into my office complaining how she was manipulating wardrobe, makeup, and me, all to her advantage,” Perez writes.
Soon, Perez says, Lopez was going off on her like “some ghetto biatch, screaming and pounding her chest!”
Perez writes that there are still hard feelings between her and the “American Idol” judge.
“We ladies of color all know how hard it is for us in the entertainment business,” Perez writes. “This kind of sh*t hurts us all and those that follow in our footsteps.”
Handbook for an Unpredictable Life: How I Survived Sister Renata and My Crazy Mother, and Still Came Out Smiling (with Great Hair) will be released on Feb. 25.
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- ‘Compton’ Three-Peats at No. 1; ‘War Room’ Captures Faith-Based Crowd With $11 Mil Debut
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here