*LOS ANGELES, CA Ebony Repertory Theatre (ERT – Founder/Producer Wren T. Brown) will present Phillip Hayes Dean’s (Drama Desk-winner for The Sty of the Blind Pig) powerful and moving play PAUL ROBESON. Dean will also stage the ERT production, which will mark his Los Angeles directorial debut.
Two-time Emmy Award-winner Keith David (Fox’s new series Enlisted) will star in this one-man play accompanied by pianist/musical director Byron J. Smith (working with numerous artists including Wynton Marsalis, Barbra Streisand, Bebe Winnans). Performances will run March 12 – 30, 2014 with an official press opening on March 14 at the Nate Holden Performing Arts Center (4718 West Washington Boulevard) in Los Angeles.
Article continues at EURThisNThat.
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here