*Kevin Hart’s success on the big screen has spread to the world of cell phones.
The funnyman’s latest film, “About Last Night,” sold 66 percent of its tickets via mobile phone at Fandango than any wide release ever has.
The new record breaks Hart’s old record, which was held by his last film “Ride Along.” The action comedy, which co-stars Ice Cube, sold 65 percent of its Fandango tickets via cell phone.
The rest of the top five mobile phone ticket sellers is comprised of Hart’s 2013 concert film, “Let Me Explain” comes in at number three with 64 percent, followed by “Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa” (60 percent) and “The Conjuring” (56 percent).
“The record speaks to Kevin Hart’s huge following in social and mobile, plus the growing adoption of mobile devices for movie discovery and ticketing,” said Fandango president Paul Yanover told TheWrap on Tuesday. “We are seeing an enormous shift in consumer engagement and commerce on mobile and with our commitment to innovations, Fandango’s mobile app downloads and mobile ticketing percentage will continue to grow.”
Yanover has every reason to be happy as “About Last Night” helped Fandango achieve its biggest weekend ever in terms of ticket sales via mobile phones.
Hart’s increased presence at the box office and appeal across the board can be attributed to his nearly 10 million Twitter followers as well as his own efforts to promote his movies and projects at every opportunity.
“About Last Night” was the number two movie at the box office last week behind “The Lego Movie.” The romantic comedy” which co-stars Michael Ealy, Regina Hall and Joy Bryant, collected $27.8 million over the four-day Presidents Day weekend.
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here