*Kevin Hart’s success on the big screen has spread to the world of cell phones.
The funnyman’s latest film, “About Last Night,” sold 66 percent of its tickets via mobile phone at Fandango than any wide release ever has.
The new record breaks Hart’s old record, which was held by his last film “Ride Along.” The action comedy, which co-stars Ice Cube, sold 65 percent of its Fandango tickets via cell phone.
The rest of the top five mobile phone ticket sellers is comprised of Hart’s 2013 concert film, “Let Me Explain” comes in at number three with 64 percent, followed by “Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa” (60 percent) and “The Conjuring” (56 percent).
“The record speaks to Kevin Hart’s huge following in social and mobile, plus the growing adoption of mobile devices for movie discovery and ticketing,” said Fandango president Paul Yanover told TheWrap on Tuesday. “We are seeing an enormous shift in consumer engagement and commerce on mobile and with our commitment to innovations, Fandango’s mobile app downloads and mobile ticketing percentage will continue to grow.”
Yanover has every reason to be happy as “About Last Night” helped Fandango achieve its biggest weekend ever in terms of ticket sales via mobile phones.
Hart’s increased presence at the box office and appeal across the board can be attributed to his nearly 10 million Twitter followers as well as his own efforts to promote his movies and projects at every opportunity.
“About Last Night” was the number two movie at the box office last week behind “The Lego Movie.” The romantic comedy” which co-stars Michael Ealy, Regina Hall and Joy Bryant, collected $27.8 million over the four-day Presidents Day weekend.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here