*Kevin Hart’s success on the big screen has spread to the world of cell phones.
The funnyman’s latest film, “About Last Night,” sold 66 percent of its tickets via mobile phone at Fandango than any wide release ever has.
The new record breaks Hart’s old record, which was held by his last film “Ride Along.” The action comedy, which co-stars Ice Cube, sold 65 percent of its Fandango tickets via cell phone.
The rest of the top five mobile phone ticket sellers is comprised of Hart’s 2013 concert film, “Let Me Explain” comes in at number three with 64 percent, followed by “Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa” (60 percent) and “The Conjuring” (56 percent).
“The record speaks to Kevin Hart’s huge following in social and mobile, plus the growing adoption of mobile devices for movie discovery and ticketing,” said Fandango president Paul Yanover told TheWrap on Tuesday. “We are seeing an enormous shift in consumer engagement and commerce on mobile and with our commitment to innovations, Fandango’s mobile app downloads and mobile ticketing percentage will continue to grow.”
Yanover has every reason to be happy as “About Last Night” helped Fandango achieve its biggest weekend ever in terms of ticket sales via mobile phones.
Hart’s increased presence at the box office and appeal across the board can be attributed to his nearly 10 million Twitter followers as well as his own efforts to promote his movies and projects at every opportunity.
“About Last Night” was the number two movie at the box office last week behind “The Lego Movie.” The romantic comedy” which co-stars Michael Ealy, Regina Hall and Joy Bryant, collected $27.8 million over the four-day Presidents Day weekend.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here