Such is the case with budding Broadway star Krystal Joy Brown. The Washington, DC area bred actress/singer has been rewarded with the biggest role of her young career.
Krystal Joy Brown made her Broadway debut in “Hair,” and was most recently seen as Josephine Bloom in “Big Fish.” She also originated the role of Ornella Sturdevant in “Leap of Faith.”
“Motown The Musical” is a journey through the history of the world’s most famous record label. With a score that includes over 50 hits from the Motown catalogue, the show tells the story of Motown founder Berry Gordy’s rise to world renown record mogul. And as history notes, on the way to becoming that mogul, he discovered and shaped some of the biggest names in modern music including Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson and the legendary Diana Ross, with whom he sparks a romance.
“Motown The Musical” also stars Tony nominees Brandon Victor Dixon and Charl Brown, as well as Bryan Terrell Clark, Ryan Shaw and Raymond Luke Jr. It’s playing at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here