Such is the case with budding Broadway star Krystal Joy Brown. The Washington, DC area bred actress/singer has been rewarded with the biggest role of her young career.
Krystal Joy Brown made her Broadway debut in “Hair,” and was most recently seen as Josephine Bloom in “Big Fish.” She also originated the role of Ornella Sturdevant in “Leap of Faith.”
“Motown The Musical” is a journey through the history of the world’s most famous record label. With a score that includes over 50 hits from the Motown catalogue, the show tells the story of Motown founder Berry Gordy’s rise to world renown record mogul. And as history notes, on the way to becoming that mogul, he discovered and shaped some of the biggest names in modern music including Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson and the legendary Diana Ross, with whom he sparks a romance.
“Motown The Musical” also stars Tony nominees Brandon Victor Dixon and Charl Brown, as well as Bryan Terrell Clark, Ryan Shaw and Raymond Luke Jr. It’s playing at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre.
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here