Lil Boosie is being released from prison in August 2014 earlier than expected.
Fans are going to have to wait another six to seven months. But they’ve been waiting for a while now anyways.
The Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections are set to release Boosie (Torrence Hatch) on Aug. 18, 2014.
This comes as good news to his supporters and fans. His release date stirred up hip hop news and blogs sites last fall. Rumors spread he was being released in November 2013.
Rick Ross believed the rumors and extended an invitation to Boosie for a record deal in an interview with New York radio station Power 105.1.
“I’m going to put a bag on the table for that boy,” Ross said to the station. “You never know.”
Boosie will, however, be under supervision for nearly four years until June 17, 2018.
Let’s review Boosie’s prison record. He went to prison in 2009 for a third-offense in marijuana possession — giving him a total of four years when he violated probation.
He got eight more years in 2011 for trying to smuggle drugs into prison.
In 2012, he was acquitted in the murder of Terry Boyd. Michael “Marlo Mike Louding was sentenced to life without parole for the murder.
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here