Lil Boosie is being released from prison in August 2014 earlier than expected.
Fans are going to have to wait another six to seven months. But they’ve been waiting for a while now anyways.
The Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections are set to release Boosie (Torrence Hatch) on Aug. 18, 2014.
This comes as good news to his supporters and fans. His release date stirred up hip hop news and blogs sites last fall. Rumors spread he was being released in November 2013.
Rick Ross believed the rumors and extended an invitation to Boosie for a record deal in an interview with New York radio station Power 105.1.
“I’m going to put a bag on the table for that boy,” Ross said to the station. “You never know.”
Boosie will, however, be under supervision for nearly four years until June 17, 2018.
Let’s review Boosie’s prison record. He went to prison in 2009 for a third-offense in marijuana possession — giving him a total of four years when he violated probation.
He got eight more years in 2011 for trying to smuggle drugs into prison.
In 2012, he was acquitted in the murder of Terry Boyd. Michael “Marlo Mike Louding was sentenced to life without parole for the murder.
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here