*About reports of that so-called “massive brawl” that included “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” cast members during the filming of opening of the a restaurant, cast member Benzino says it was way, way overblown.
Benzino, further stated that what happened was an “isolated” matter. He said an argument started the fracas Wednesday between his ex-girlfriend Karli Redd and his fiance, Althea Hart.
As we reported, it all went down at the opening of “Sleazy & Zino’s Bistro & Bar” which is reportedly co-owned by Benzino (real name Raymond Scott) and Stevie J.
Atlanta Police Sgt. Greg Lyon said there were no criminal acts reported to them from the argument.
“Everything was sensationalized,” Benzino said. “There were no bottles thrown, no fists were thrown, no guns were pulled out.”
VH1 declined to comment Friday. The cameras were rolling Wednesday, Benzino said.
Redd said in a statement that media outlets clearly have some “misinformation.”
“The reality is we are in a time when everyone wants their shine; their few minutes of fame — and I get that, but I assure you I was not involved in any fighting nor was I knocked out,” Redd said.
Benzino, a former co-owner of The Source magazine, said a friend of cast member Joseline Hernandez was injured with a gash on her head. He also said Redd and Hart hurled drinks at one another.
About 400 people attended the event.
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here