*About reports of that so-called “massive brawl” that included “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” cast members during the filming of opening of the a restaurant, cast member Benzino says it was way, way overblown.
Benzino, further stated that what happened was an “isolated” matter. He said an argument started the fracas Wednesday between his ex-girlfriend Karli Redd and his fiance, Althea Hart.
As we reported, it all went down at the opening of “Sleazy & Zino’s Bistro & Bar” which is reportedly co-owned by Benzino (real name Raymond Scott) and Stevie J.
Atlanta Police Sgt. Greg Lyon said there were no criminal acts reported to them from the argument.
“Everything was sensationalized,” Benzino said. “There were no bottles thrown, no fists were thrown, no guns were pulled out.”
VH1 declined to comment Friday. The cameras were rolling Wednesday, Benzino said.
Redd said in a statement that media outlets clearly have some “misinformation.”
“The reality is we are in a time when everyone wants their shine; their few minutes of fame — and I get that, but I assure you I was not involved in any fighting nor was I knocked out,” Redd said.
Benzino, a former co-owner of The Source magazine, said a friend of cast member Joseline Hernandez was injured with a gash on her head. He also said Redd and Hart hurled drinks at one another.
About 400 people attended the event.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here