*About reports of that so-called “massive brawl” that included “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” cast members during the filming of opening of the a restaurant, cast member Benzino says it was way, way overblown.
Benzino, further stated that what happened was an “isolated” matter. He said an argument started the fracas Wednesday between his ex-girlfriend Karli Redd and his fiance, Althea Hart.
As we reported, it all went down at the opening of “Sleazy & Zino’s Bistro & Bar” which is reportedly co-owned by Benzino (real name Raymond Scott) and Stevie J.
Atlanta Police Sgt. Greg Lyon said there were no criminal acts reported to them from the argument.
“Everything was sensationalized,” Benzino said. “There were no bottles thrown, no fists were thrown, no guns were pulled out.”
VH1 declined to comment Friday. The cameras were rolling Wednesday, Benzino said.
Redd said in a statement that media outlets clearly have some “misinformation.”
“The reality is we are in a time when everyone wants their shine; their few minutes of fame — and I get that, but I assure you I was not involved in any fighting nor was I knocked out,” Redd said.
Benzino, a former co-owner of The Source magazine, said a friend of cast member Joseline Hernandez was injured with a gash on her head. He also said Redd and Hart hurled drinks at one another.
About 400 people attended the event.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here