*American Multi Grammy Award nominee Michael Henderson, and Iconic Jazz Drummer Norman Connors with their Starship Orchestra presents a world premiere show Sunday, March 2, 2014 at London’s Royal Hall. Henderson and Conners will be joined by special guest vocalist Carleen Anderson.
The event will feature the best of their joint and individual music careers spanning four decades of soulful jazz in celebration of Norman Connor’s 40th year in the music industry. Michael Henderson is one of the first notable bass guitarists of the fusion era and one of the most influential jazz and soul musicians of the past 40 years. He has played and recorded with many famous artists, notably Miles Davis, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, The Dramatics and Doctor John. He is considered to be one of the three greatest Motown bass guitarists, along with James Jameson and Bob Babbitt. After almost seven years with Miles Davis, Henderson focused on songwriting and singing in a solo career that produced many hit songs and albums for Arista Records. Although known primarily for ballads, vocalizing on the recording of “You Are My Starship” and “Valentine Love” performed with Jean Carn, he is an influential funk player whose riffs and songs have been widely covered.
Norman Connors is an American jazz drummer and an iconic composer, arranger, and producer who as led a number of influential jazz and R&B groups. His prolific career is etched over 4 decades and 17 albums. His first recording was with Archie Shepp’s, after which he played with Pharaoh Sanders. Connors began to focus more on R&B material in the mid 1970s after signing with Buddah Records. He has also produced recordings for various artists, including collaborators like Dee Dee Bridgewater, Jean Carn, Phyllis Hyman, Al Johnson, Norman Brown, and saxophonist Marion Meadows.
Carleen Anderson is an American soul singer, who is the daughter of singer Vicki Anderson and stepdaughter of Bobby Byrd. Anderson has five solo studio albums to her credit and was voted the 2013 Jazz FM UK Vocalist of The Year. The Starship Orchestra is being led by Aaron Liddard, and is supported by some significant and very established musicians. For information click here. For tickets click here.
For more on Michael Henderson, Norman Conners and the Starship Orchestra visit: www.facebook.com/MICHAELHENDERSONINFO
P. O. Box 13
Dallas GA., 30124
Click here to email:
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here