We guess you could call it a reprise of the time they got together in before the 2011 Super Bowl. It was also Obama’s sixth straight pre-Super Bowl interview. Who knows, maybe he’s started a tradition that will last even when he leaves office.
As far as how the interview went, O’Reilly grilled Obama on why Kathleen Sebelius had not been fired, noting that he as a taxpayer was paying her salary, and also asked if Obama thought the “If you like your plan you can keep your plan” claim was his “biggest mistake?”
Obama’s response to both was to argue that the implementation of the Affordable Care Act was an ongoing process, and he was committed to getting it to work rather than dwelling on past mistakes. “I try to focus not on the fumbles but on the next play,” Obama said.
The most drama came when of course Benghazi came up. At one point O’Reilly and the president were talking over each other and at times sniping at each other.
“Your detractors believe that you did not tell the world it was a terror attack because your campaign didn’t want that out,” O’Reilly said. “That’s what they believe.”
“And they believe it because folks like you tell them that,” Obama said, adding on the IRS scandal: “These kinds of things keep on surfacing, because folks like you will promote them.”
More of the interview will air on The “O’Reilly Factor” Monday night on the Fox News Channel.
Check it out below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Meek Mill Sentenced to House Arrest & Six Years Probation
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here