*Filmmaker Oliver Stone says President Barack Obama is a “weak man” who has abandoned the principles he espoused on the campaign trail about civil liberties and foreign policy.
“He’s a weak man,” Stone told an audience of libertarian students at the 2014 Students for Liberty Conference in Washington, D.C., according to Mediaite reports.
“Something happened because none of the things he promised . . . transparency, a government that would reconsider the war on terror and these programs . . . none of that happened, none of it. The man stunned us with a lack of spine,” Stone added during the panel discussion, titled Imperial Overreach and the National Security State.
He went on to further criticize the President for not keeping his campaign promises.
“On everything he backed down,” Stone told the audience. “I was stunned.”
The director was joined during a panel discussion by liberal journalist Jeremy Scahill, who blasted MSNBC for failing to hold the president to account for “overreach” on issues such as targeted assassinations, covert operations, and military interventions.
“MSNBC is like watching one big Obama for America meet-up,” Scahill said, adding that Fox News is guilty of perpetrating “conspiracy theories” about the president.
Stone has been vocal about his disappointment with Obama in the past. Most memorably, Stone reportedly referred to the President as “a snake” during a similar discussion in Tokyo last year.
He issued similar critiques of Obama’s record in a documentary series he released in 2012 entitled “The Untold History of the United States.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Declares May 23rd ‘Beyonce Day’, Then Lightning Strikes
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here