*Oprah Winfrey had already gone into her own pockets for her long-lost half sister, Patricia Lofton, by reportedly giving her a hefty monthly allowance so she can quit her job. But the TV titan has since stepped up her generosity.
Winfrey has purchased her 60-year-old sister a $490,000 home in Wisconsin, according to the National Enquirer.
According to the National Enquirer, Oprah sprang for the 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom property in Wisconsin and couldn’t be more pleased to help out.
“Patricia’s greatest dream was to go to college and become a social worker,” a spokesperson for Winfrey told the magazine. “Oprah wants to support that dream.”
Winfrey and Lofton, who was introduced publicly in 2011 on Oprah’s talk show, share the same mother. But Patricia was given up by Vernita and lived in various foster homes until she was adopted at age 7.
While on a search for her birth mother, Winfrey revealed on the 2011 episode that DNA proved they were half-sisters.
“Oprah was thrilled to meet Patricia. And Patricia is so grateful that Oprah is helping her,” a source told the Enquirer. “But all she ever wanted is to know her family. She didn’t expect Oprah to do anything like this.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here