*Oprah Winfrey had already gone into her own pockets for her long-lost half sister, Patricia Lofton, by reportedly giving her a hefty monthly allowance so she can quit her job. But the TV titan has since stepped up her generosity.
Winfrey has purchased her 60-year-old sister a $490,000 home in Wisconsin, according to the National Enquirer.
According to the National Enquirer, Oprah sprang for the 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom property in Wisconsin and couldn’t be more pleased to help out.
“Patricia’s greatest dream was to go to college and become a social worker,” a spokesperson for Winfrey told the magazine. “Oprah wants to support that dream.”
Winfrey and Lofton, who was introduced publicly in 2011 on Oprah’s talk show, share the same mother. But Patricia was given up by Vernita and lived in various foster homes until she was adopted at age 7.
While on a search for her birth mother, Winfrey revealed on the 2011 episode that DNA proved they were half-sisters.
“Oprah was thrilled to meet Patricia. And Patricia is so grateful that Oprah is helping her,” a source told the Enquirer. “But all she ever wanted is to know her family. She didn’t expect Oprah to do anything like this.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here