*Oprah Winfrey had already gone into her own pockets for her long-lost half sister, Patricia Lofton, by reportedly giving her a hefty monthly allowance so she can quit her job. But the TV titan has since stepped up her generosity.
Winfrey has purchased her 60-year-old sister a $490,000 home in Wisconsin, according to the National Enquirer.
According to the National Enquirer, Oprah sprang for the 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom property in Wisconsin and couldn’t be more pleased to help out.
“Patricia’s greatest dream was to go to college and become a social worker,” a spokesperson for Winfrey told the magazine. “Oprah wants to support that dream.”
Winfrey and Lofton, who was introduced publicly in 2011 on Oprah’s talk show, share the same mother. But Patricia was given up by Vernita and lived in various foster homes until she was adopted at age 7.
While on a search for her birth mother, Winfrey revealed on the 2011 episode that DNA proved they were half-sisters.
“Oprah was thrilled to meet Patricia. And Patricia is so grateful that Oprah is helping her,” a source told the Enquirer. “But all she ever wanted is to know her family. She didn’t expect Oprah to do anything like this.”
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here