*Oprah Winfrey had already gone into her own pockets for her long-lost half sister, Patricia Lofton, by reportedly giving her a hefty monthly allowance so she can quit her job. But the TV titan has since stepped up her generosity.
Winfrey has purchased her 60-year-old sister a $490,000 home in Wisconsin, according to the National Enquirer.
According to the National Enquirer, Oprah sprang for the 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom property in Wisconsin and couldn’t be more pleased to help out.
“Patricia’s greatest dream was to go to college and become a social worker,” a spokesperson for Winfrey told the magazine. “Oprah wants to support that dream.”
Winfrey and Lofton, who was introduced publicly in 2011 on Oprah’s talk show, share the same mother. But Patricia was given up by Vernita and lived in various foster homes until she was adopted at age 7.
While on a search for her birth mother, Winfrey revealed on the 2011 episode that DNA proved they were half-sisters.
“Oprah was thrilled to meet Patricia. And Patricia is so grateful that Oprah is helping her,” a source told the Enquirer. “But all she ever wanted is to know her family. She didn’t expect Oprah to do anything like this.”
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here