*OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network delivered the most-watched month in network history in primetime for the month of February (538,000 total viewers), the cable channel announced Tuesday.
OWN’s prime average in the key W25-54 demo marked a six-month high, up +11% versus January and up a whopping +86% versus one year ago. This makes OWN the fastest-growing cable network for W25-54 versus a year ago.
The drama “The Haves and the Have Nots” from Tyler Perry is cable’s most-watched show on Tuesday nights and the No. 1 original cable series for African-Americans. It also ranks in the top 10 original primetime series overall on ad-supported cable nets in W25-54, making OWN Tuesday nights the No. 2 cable network for W25-54, nearly tying with TBS.
Other series that bolstered OWN’s February include the comedy series “Love Thy Neighbor” from Tyler Perry, which was Wednesday night’s No. 1 original cable series for African-American W25-54 and total viewers.
The second season of reality series “Raising Whitley,” following actress/comedienne Kym Whitley, and new reality show “Mom’s Got Game,” following former WNBA player Pamela McGee and her son, Denver Nuggets center JaVale McGee, are Saturday night’s top two original series on all of television for African-American W25-54.
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here