*The NBA has revealed the list of headlining musical acts for its All-Star Weekend in New Orleans later this month, with Pharrell Williams continuing his hot streak by headlining the Entertainment Series presented by Sean John at Macy’s.
The NBA All-Star Game will take place at New Orleans Arena on Feb. 16.
Pharrell, whose solo hit “Happy” enters the Top 10 of the Hot 100 this week, will perform during the player introductions, and will bring out some special guests.
The NBA All-Star Game halftime show will consist of a New Orleans-influenced collaboration between Earth, Wind & Fire; Janelle Monae; Dr. John; Gary Clark Jr.; and city native Trombone Shorty with his band Orleans Avenue.
Kendrick Lamar has been tapped to headline the Saturday night (Feb. 15) of NBA All-Star weekend, with a performance prior to Sprite Slam Dunk. Finally, Clark Jr. and Serena Ryder have been confirmed to perform the U.S. national anthem and Canadian national anthem, respectively, at the NBA All-Star Game on Sunday.
Performers will be announced shortly for the Sprint Pregame Concert before the NBA All-Star Game, which will air live on TNT at 8:00 pm ET. Last year’s NBA All-Star Weekend included performances from Alicia Keys, Fall Out Boy, Ne-Yo and Phillip Phillips.
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here