*The NBA has revealed the list of headlining musical acts for its All-Star Weekend in New Orleans later this month, with Pharrell Williams continuing his hot streak by headlining the Entertainment Series presented by Sean John at Macy’s.
The NBA All-Star Game will take place at New Orleans Arena on Feb. 16.
Pharrell, whose solo hit “Happy” enters the Top 10 of the Hot 100 this week, will perform during the player introductions, and will bring out some special guests.
The NBA All-Star Game halftime show will consist of a New Orleans-influenced collaboration between Earth, Wind & Fire; Janelle Monae; Dr. John; Gary Clark Jr.; and city native Trombone Shorty with his band Orleans Avenue.
Kendrick Lamar has been tapped to headline the Saturday night (Feb. 15) of NBA All-Star weekend, with a performance prior to Sprite Slam Dunk. Finally, Clark Jr. and Serena Ryder have been confirmed to perform the U.S. national anthem and Canadian national anthem, respectively, at the NBA All-Star Game on Sunday.
Performers will be announced shortly for the Sprint Pregame Concert before the NBA All-Star Game, which will air live on TNT at 8:00 pm ET. Last year’s NBA All-Star Weekend included performances from Alicia Keys, Fall Out Boy, Ne-Yo and Phillip Phillips.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here