*File this under those who harbor extreme opposition to President Obama.
The National Rifle Association board member’s views were made known Wednesday during an interview with PennLive.com at the NRA’s Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Nugent, who was representing the Outdoor Channel at the event, was not shy about his dislike of Obama as he mentioned that “the best Americans are so heartbroken right now” in part because we have “a president who’s an avowed racist who claimed because Trayvon Martin was black, even though he was a gangster and an attacker and a doper, that he could have been his son.”
Nugent’s comments cite remarks made by President Obama made in March 2012 — less than a month after an unarmed Martin was shot by neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman. The incident struck a personal nerve with Obama, who voiced his sympathy towards Martin’s parents.
“[M]y main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin,” Obama said. “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon. And I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and that we’re going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened.”
Nugent’s anti-Obama stance at the NRA show isn’t the first time the rocker has gone off on the current leader of the free world. The entertainer recently raised eyebrows when he called President Obama a mongrel at the gun industry’s annual trade show. The term refers to a dog of indeterminate breed.
In addition to President Obama, Nugent used his time at the Great American Outdoor Show to attack Clinton. Speaking on the former first lady, Nugent expressed that he would rather see Sens. Rand Paul or Ted Cruz become president than Clinton, who he called an “evil, nasty, irresponsible, criminal woman.” Like Obama, Nugent’s dislike of Clinton goes back a ways as he has referred to her as a “worthless b***h” and a “toxic c**t.”
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here