*File this under those who harbor extreme opposition to President Obama.
The National Rifle Association board member’s views were made known Wednesday during an interview with PennLive.com at the NRA’s Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Nugent, who was representing the Outdoor Channel at the event, was not shy about his dislike of Obama as he mentioned that “the best Americans are so heartbroken right now” in part because we have “a president who’s an avowed racist who claimed because Trayvon Martin was black, even though he was a gangster and an attacker and a doper, that he could have been his son.”
Nugent’s comments cite remarks made by President Obama made in March 2012 — less than a month after an unarmed Martin was shot by neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman. The incident struck a personal nerve with Obama, who voiced his sympathy towards Martin’s parents.
“[M]y main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin,” Obama said. “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon. And I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and that we’re going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened.”
Nugent’s anti-Obama stance at the NRA show isn’t the first time the rocker has gone off on the current leader of the free world. The entertainer recently raised eyebrows when he called President Obama a mongrel at the gun industry’s annual trade show. The term refers to a dog of indeterminate breed.
In addition to President Obama, Nugent used his time at the Great American Outdoor Show to attack Clinton. Speaking on the former first lady, Nugent expressed that he would rather see Sens. Rand Paul or Ted Cruz become president than Clinton, who he called an “evil, nasty, irresponsible, criminal woman.” Like Obama, Nugent’s dislike of Clinton goes back a ways as he has referred to her as a “worthless b***h” and a “toxic c**t.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Shanice Williams Says She and Dorothy Are the Same in 'The Wiz Live!'
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here