*Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice and his fiancée were both arrested and charged with simple assault over the weekend after they allegedly fought each other at an Atlantic City casino, reports ESPN.com.
According to the police report, Rice and his fiancée Janay A. Palmer “struck each other with their hands” at the Revel Casino. Cops were called to the scene at 2:51 a.m., and both refused medical attention. No injuries were reported.
They were transported to a nearby police station and booked for Simple Assault-Domestic Violence. The couple was released on a summons to appear in court.
“We haven’t seen any charging documents yet,” said Rice’s attorney Michael Diamondstein. “There was an argument that included Ray. I can’t give any specifics because we haven’t seen the document yet.
“Once we’re able to go through the evidence, it should wind up to be little more than a misunderstanding.”
A Ravens spokesman said the team spoke with Rice and knows he and his fiancée returned home together after being detained.
“We are aware of the Friday night situation with Ray Rice and his fiancée,” the Ravens said in a statement Sunday night. “We have spoken with Ray, and know that they returned home together after being detained.”
Rice, 27, signed a five-year, $35 million deal with the Ravens before the 2012 season. He is coming off his worst season with the team, gaining 660 rushing yards and averaging a career-low 3.1 yards per carry.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Moniece Slaughter to Tank: 'You're Disgusting' for Shameful 'Stalker' Story [EUR Exclusive]
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here