*Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice and his fiancée were both arrested and charged with simple assault over the weekend after they allegedly fought each other at an Atlantic City casino, reports ESPN.com.
According to the police report, Rice and his fiancée Janay A. Palmer “struck each other with their hands” at the Revel Casino. Cops were called to the scene at 2:51 a.m., and both refused medical attention. No injuries were reported.
They were transported to a nearby police station and booked for Simple Assault-Domestic Violence. The couple was released on a summons to appear in court.
“We haven’t seen any charging documents yet,” said Rice’s attorney Michael Diamondstein. “There was an argument that included Ray. I can’t give any specifics because we haven’t seen the document yet.
“Once we’re able to go through the evidence, it should wind up to be little more than a misunderstanding.”
A Ravens spokesman said the team spoke with Rice and knows he and his fiancée returned home together after being detained.
“We are aware of the Friday night situation with Ray Rice and his fiancée,” the Ravens said in a statement Sunday night. “We have spoken with Ray, and know that they returned home together after being detained.”
Rice, 27, signed a five-year, $35 million deal with the Ravens before the 2012 season. He is coming off his worst season with the team, gaining 660 rushing yards and averaging a career-low 3.1 yards per carry.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here