*Miami Dolphins offensive guard Richie Incognito has reportedly checked himself into a psychiatric care unit in Arizona on Thursday night, one day after revealing he had smashed his own car with a baseball bat.
Incognito, the focus of the team’s bullying and harassment scandal, is reportedly seeking counseling to help him deal with stress.
Scottsdale, Ariz., police responded to reported damage to Incognito’s Ferrari, which he said he caused. The matter was closed since no crime was committed.
Incognito later told Fox 10 television in Arizona why he smashed his own car with a baseball bat.
“Oh, that was that was just me venting, that was self-expression, that’s a piece of art,” he said. “The happiest day of my life was when I got that car and now the second happiest day will be when I donate it to charity. The Ferrari is a story unto itself, the Ferrari is one entity, but I will tell you this: the Ferrari is going to be for sale through my mission which is helping the brotherhood, whatever brotherhood it is.”
A photo of Incognito’s black Ferrari shows several dents in its hood and a baseball bat in front of the vehicle. A part of the bat also was lodged in the car’s grille.
Incognito is a free agent and will not return to the Dolphins. He could still face a league suspension as a result of the independent NFL-ordered investigation by Ted Wells into the workplace environment at the Davie, Fla., team facility.
Offensive tackle Jonathan Martin, who accused Incognito of bullying, said he’s not interested in returning to the Dolphins but could resume his playing career. Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, a teammate of Martin’s at Stanford, said he would welcome him on his team.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here