*Kerry Washington’s baby shower took place on Sunday (Feb. 23), with approximately 60 friends and relatives — including Jane Fonda, Regina King, and Washington’s “Scandal” costar Darby Stanchfield – gathered at the Hancock Park home of show creator Shonda Rhimes.
Washington is expecting her first child with husband Nnamdi Asomugha this year.
The shower took place under an open-air canopy in Rhimes’ backyard, a source tells Us Weekly. Invitees started arriving at around 11 a.m., at which point they were escorted to the pool area for drinks and appetizers.
Guest-of-honor Washington was among the first to show; she wore a light-blue denim A Pea in the Pod maternity dress and nude heels, and had her hair tied up in a messy bun.
“Everyone was so happy to see Kerry and immediately began admiring her belly,” an eyewitness tells Us. “It was a very lively crowd…Throughout the afternoon, people were hollering and clapping or ooh-ing and ahh-ing,” the onlooker adds. “They seemed to have a great day all around.”
Washington scored some major loot for her baby-to-be, too. Several friends brought baby clothes (wrapped in gender-neutral colors), while other people gifted the actress with baby books.
Guests didn’t go home empty-handed, either. An eyewitness tells Us the mom-to-be posed with family and friends in a custom photo booth, which printed special “We shower you with love” photo strips.
Oscar-winning actress Jane Fonda gushed about the party on her blog later, describing Washington as “radiant.” “I hadn’t seen Kerry since she was pregnant and as soon as I saw her with her gorgeous belly, I started crying,” she wrote. “Then Kerry’s mother spoke, giving words of wisdom to Kerry and the rest of us about how to raise a baby to be a happy, fully realized person.”
“I started crying again (and it wasn’t because I wanted to go back and do my own raising of my own kids all over again with more wisdom, though that did press in on me)…” the mother of three continued. “It was because her words moved me.”
Of the day’s activities, Fonda added, “I had no idea there could be so many nice ways to commemorate the upcoming event and leave loving memories for mom and baby.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Calls 911 Because Girlfriend Won’t Have Sex With Him
- Harvard’s World Champion Debate Team Loses to New York Inmates
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here