*Kerry Washington’s baby shower took place on Sunday (Feb. 23), with approximately 60 friends and relatives — including Jane Fonda, Regina King, and Washington’s “Scandal” costar Darby Stanchfield – gathered at the Hancock Park home of show creator Shonda Rhimes.
Washington is expecting her first child with husband Nnamdi Asomugha this year.
The shower took place under an open-air canopy in Rhimes’ backyard, a source tells Us Weekly. Invitees started arriving at around 11 a.m., at which point they were escorted to the pool area for drinks and appetizers.
Guest-of-honor Washington was among the first to show; she wore a light-blue denim A Pea in the Pod maternity dress and nude heels, and had her hair tied up in a messy bun.
“Everyone was so happy to see Kerry and immediately began admiring her belly,” an eyewitness tells Us. “It was a very lively crowd…Throughout the afternoon, people were hollering and clapping or ooh-ing and ahh-ing,” the onlooker adds. “They seemed to have a great day all around.”
Washington scored some major loot for her baby-to-be, too. Several friends brought baby clothes (wrapped in gender-neutral colors), while other people gifted the actress with baby books.
Guests didn’t go home empty-handed, either. An eyewitness tells Us the mom-to-be posed with family and friends in a custom photo booth, which printed special “We shower you with love” photo strips.
Oscar-winning actress Jane Fonda gushed about the party on her blog later, describing Washington as “radiant.” “I hadn’t seen Kerry since she was pregnant and as soon as I saw her with her gorgeous belly, I started crying,” she wrote. “Then Kerry’s mother spoke, giving words of wisdom to Kerry and the rest of us about how to raise a baby to be a happy, fully realized person.”
“I started crying again (and it wasn’t because I wanted to go back and do my own raising of my own kids all over again with more wisdom, though that did press in on me)…” the mother of three continued. “It was because her words moved me.”
Of the day’s activities, Fonda added, “I had no idea there could be so many nice ways to commemorate the upcoming event and leave loving memories for mom and baby.”
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here