*“Family Feud” has become a weapon of mass destruction in syndication.
Up a colossal 336 percent in total households since Steve Harvey took over as host in 2010, the game show is only outranked by “Judge Judy” among adults 25-54 for the last full week of January, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“Feud” scored a record 6.1 household rating for the week ending Jan. 26. That marks its best performance since the advent of Nielsen People Meter technology in 1988. In total viewers, “Feud” nabbed more than 9.2 million for the week, up 9% from the previous week and 18% from a year ago.
In the key demo (women 25-54), which is what advertisers use to buy time on the show, “Family Feud” has surpassed “Wheel of Fortune” (3.0 in the demo) and “Jeopardy” (2.7 demo).
“Family Feud,” seen in about 96 percent of U.S. TV homes, is produced by FremantleMedia North America and distributed in the U.S. domestic market by Debmar Mercury.
Meanwhile, Harvey’s daily talk show also enjoyed a boost, with household ratings rising to 2.0, up 5 percent over the prior week and 25 percent over the same week last year. It marks the greatest improvement year to year of any syndicated talk show.
“Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” with Cedric the Entertainer at the helm also hit a new season high. It was up 14 percent in households and 20 percent among women 25-54. That equaled its highest household rating and drew the biggest overall audience in a year. It tied its best performance in the demo in two years.
Among first season shows, “Queen Latifah” was steady with a 1.2 household rating and “Bethenny” had a 0.9, which was up 13 percent. More importantly, “Bethenny” was the top-rated show in its time slot in 7 of the top 15 markets among women 18-34.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here