*“Family Feud” has become a weapon of mass destruction in syndication.
Up a colossal 336 percent in total households since Steve Harvey took over as host in 2010, the game show is only outranked by “Judge Judy” among adults 25-54 for the last full week of January, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“Feud” scored a record 6.1 household rating for the week ending Jan. 26. That marks its best performance since the advent of Nielsen People Meter technology in 1988. In total viewers, “Feud” nabbed more than 9.2 million for the week, up 9% from the previous week and 18% from a year ago.
In the key demo (women 25-54), which is what advertisers use to buy time on the show, “Family Feud” has surpassed “Wheel of Fortune” (3.0 in the demo) and “Jeopardy” (2.7 demo).
“Family Feud,” seen in about 96 percent of U.S. TV homes, is produced by FremantleMedia North America and distributed in the U.S. domestic market by Debmar Mercury.
Meanwhile, Harvey’s daily talk show also enjoyed a boost, with household ratings rising to 2.0, up 5 percent over the prior week and 25 percent over the same week last year. It marks the greatest improvement year to year of any syndicated talk show.
“Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” with Cedric the Entertainer at the helm also hit a new season high. It was up 14 percent in households and 20 percent among women 25-54. That equaled its highest household rating and drew the biggest overall audience in a year. It tied its best performance in the demo in two years.
Among first season shows, “Queen Latifah” was steady with a 1.2 household rating and “Bethenny” had a 0.9, which was up 13 percent. More importantly, “Bethenny” was the top-rated show in its time slot in 7 of the top 15 markets among women 18-34.
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here