*NBC’s Tamron Hall was announced this morning as an official co-host of “Today’s Take,” the “Today” show’s 9 p.m. hour, joining fellow co-hosts Al Roker, Natalie Morales and Willie Geist.
“We’re really excited to officially welcome Tamron into the ‘Today’ family,” said Don Nash, Executive Producer. “She brings wit, enthusiasm and a keen sensibility to an all-around fantastic team, and I think Tamron, Al, Natalie and Willie will have a lot of fun together hosting the third hour.”
Hall, who will continue hosting MSNBC’s “NewsNation,” was a regular fill-in host on ‘Today’ and most recently interviewed Hugh Jackman, Mariah Carey, and Instagram’s CEO Kevin Systrom for the program. She has also been a familiar face in ‘Today’s’ #OrangeRoom.
In other “Today” news, Roker made nice with New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio on the program this morning after suggesting he would be one term and out of office over his “goofball” decision to keep schools open through a major winter snow storm.
The mayor visited “Today” this morning to cut the ribbon on the show’s revamped Rockefeller Center outside space. It’s part of Today’s campaign to hang on to the ratings bump it enjoyed in Sochi, which put the show back on top in the morning show race.
Ten days earlier, while his show was in Sochi Games, Roker apologized for suggesting de Blasio would be one term and out over his “goofball” decision to keep schools open when a major winter storm that was pounding the East Coast hit NYC. “That was below the line,” Roker acknowledged. It had been part of a blizzard of tweets from Roker about the mayor; he’d also blasted de Blasio for blaming his call about the schools on the National Weather Service. “Why are schools all around NYC closed? It’s going to take some kid or kids getting hurt before this goofball policy gets changed,” Roker tweeted angrily, among other things.
“We’ve got Mayor Bill de Blasio,” Roker announced, “We’ll get this out of the way. …We had a little chat about school closings and snow; we both want the best for school kids and our city.”
The mayor agreed. “Al, look, I think together letting the people know what’s going on with the weather, letting people know how to be safe — that’s something we do together.”
He invited Roker to join the city’s sanitation department – they’re in charge of snow removal – saying, “This could be a new part of your career.” Roker accepted the invitation, noting his dad was a bus driver and drove a bus that also cleared snow.
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here