*Ted Nugent is sorry — sort of — for calling President Barack Obama a “subhuman mongrel.”
In an interview with conservative radio host Ben Ferguson, the musician apologized for comments he made during a talk with Guns.com last month. In that interview, which focused on the 2016 U.S. presidential race and Nugent’s potential interest in running, he had more than a few choice words for the President.
“I have obviously failed to galvanize and prod, if not shame, enough Americans to be ever vigilant, but not to let a Chicago communist-raised, communist-educated, communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel like the ACORN community organizer gangster Barack Hussein Obama to weasel his way into the top office of authority in the United States of America,” he said in that interview (via Rolling Stone). “I am heartbroken but I am not giving up.”
But now, Nugent is backing away — albeit just a bit — from those comments, though his apology isn’t exactly directed at President Obama.
“I do apologize — not necessarily to the President — but on behalf of much better men than myself,” he told CNN, also noting that he regretted using “street-fighter terminology” instead of, say, “violator of his oath to the Constitution.”
“I apologize for using the term,” he added. “I will try to elevate my vernacular to the level of those great men that I’m learning from in the world of politics.”
Nugent has been linked to a potential presidential campaign in 2016, saying, “Sure, why not?” when asked if he’d consider a run for the spot last November.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here