*Ted Nugent is sorry — sort of — for calling President Barack Obama a “subhuman mongrel.”
In an interview with conservative radio host Ben Ferguson, the musician apologized for comments he made during a talk with Guns.com last month. In that interview, which focused on the 2016 U.S. presidential race and Nugent’s potential interest in running, he had more than a few choice words for the President.
“I have obviously failed to galvanize and prod, if not shame, enough Americans to be ever vigilant, but not to let a Chicago communist-raised, communist-educated, communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel like the ACORN community organizer gangster Barack Hussein Obama to weasel his way into the top office of authority in the United States of America,” he said in that interview (via Rolling Stone). “I am heartbroken but I am not giving up.”
But now, Nugent is backing away — albeit just a bit — from those comments, though his apology isn’t exactly directed at President Obama.
“I do apologize — not necessarily to the President — but on behalf of much better men than myself,” he told CNN, also noting that he regretted using “street-fighter terminology” instead of, say, “violator of his oath to the Constitution.”
“I apologize for using the term,” he added. “I will try to elevate my vernacular to the level of those great men that I’m learning from in the world of politics.”
Nugent has been linked to a potential presidential campaign in 2016, saying, “Sure, why not?” when asked if he’d consider a run for the spot last November.
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here