Also: The Chi-Lites’ Marshall Thomson Suffers Stroke Aboard Cruise Ship
News of Reed’s death was announced by his brother, Myles Reed Jr., via Facebook:
“It is with a very heavy heart that I share this information. My brother, Frank K. Reed passed away this morning.
According to Wikipedia, Reed was 59.I don’t have the details, and am having a hard time believing that it is true. Many of you know that he was a member of the Chi-lites for the past almost 30 years. One thing I do know, is that he lived his dream. Rest in Peace, Frank! This is very hard for us. I will forward more information as I receive it.”
With Reed’s death, that means the leader and sole surviving member of the legendary Chi-Lites is Marshall Thompson. But unfortunately, He’s dealing with a severe health issue. Reports say Thompson recently suffered a stroke while traveling on the Soul Train Cruise. He was taken off the ship to an area hospital where he’s reportedly responding to medication and other treatment.
Thompson was honored this past Sunday at the 33rd annual Chicago Music Awards.
Meanwhile, another R&B pioneer, has passed, but news of his death is just now coming to light.
The Motown Alumni Association’s Ron Brewington notified us that the Satintones‘ Chico Leverett went on to glory back on December 5, 2013. The cause of death was complications from a stroke. He was 79.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th B-day and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here