Also: The Chi-Lites’ Marshall Thomson Suffers Stroke Aboard Cruise Ship
News of Reed’s death was announced by his brother, Myles Reed Jr., via Facebook:
“It is with a very heavy heart that I share this information. My brother, Frank K. Reed passed away this morning.
According to Wikipedia, Reed was 59.I don’t have the details, and am having a hard time believing that it is true. Many of you know that he was a member of the Chi-lites for the past almost 30 years. One thing I do know, is that he lived his dream. Rest in Peace, Frank! This is very hard for us. I will forward more information as I receive it.”
With Reed’s death, that means the leader and sole surviving member of the legendary Chi-Lites is Marshall Thompson. But unfortunately, He’s dealing with a severe health issue. Reports say Thompson recently suffered a stroke while traveling on the Soul Train Cruise. He was taken off the ship to an area hospital where he’s reportedly responding to medication and other treatment.
Thompson was honored this past Sunday at the 33rd annual Chicago Music Awards.
Meanwhile, another R&B pioneer, has passed, but news of his death is just now coming to light.
The Motown Alumni Association’s Ron Brewington notified us that the Satintones‘ Chico Leverett went on to glory back on December 5, 2013. The cause of death was complications from a stroke. He was 79.
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here