Also: The Chi-Lites’ Marshall Thomson Suffers Stroke Aboard Cruise Ship
News of Reed’s death was announced by his brother, Myles Reed Jr., via Facebook:
“It is with a very heavy heart that I share this information. My brother, Frank K. Reed passed away this morning.
According to Wikipedia, Reed was 59.I don’t have the details, and am having a hard time believing that it is true. Many of you know that he was a member of the Chi-lites for the past almost 30 years. One thing I do know, is that he lived his dream. Rest in Peace, Frank! This is very hard for us. I will forward more information as I receive it.”
With Reed’s death, that means the leader and sole surviving member of the legendary Chi-Lites is Marshall Thompson. But unfortunately, He’s dealing with a severe health issue. Reports say Thompson recently suffered a stroke while traveling on the Soul Train Cruise. He was taken off the ship to an area hospital where he’s reportedly responding to medication and other treatment.
Thompson was honored this past Sunday at the 33rd annual Chicago Music Awards.
Meanwhile, another R&B pioneer, has passed, but news of his death is just now coming to light.
The Motown Alumni Association’s Ron Brewington notified us that the Satintones‘ Chico Leverett went on to glory back on December 5, 2013. The cause of death was complications from a stroke. He was 79.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here