*I know first hand how hard it is for an actor to rehearse so diligently for an audition, finally get seen by the powers-that-be in what they consider a to die for kind of role; get a callback but ultimately no booking.
Aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!! It’s a terrible, defeatist kind of feeling. But actors get use to it because it happens a lot.
Still, it must be even worse when the person that auditions is a celebrity. Someone who was probably solicited to audition in the first place, though not necessarily as many celebrities, unsolicited, anxiously throw their proverbial hats in the ring trying to get the work.
I don’t know how many of you realize that one-time-model-turned-actor, Tyrese Gibson, tried hard to be in Quentin Tarantino’s controversial hit, Django Unchained.
The controversial film, as you know, made a lot of noise in the African American community especially–some loved it, while others hated it…There was no middle ground. Yet it still went on to win Best Original Screenplay for Tarentino and Best Supporting Actor for Christoph Waltz at the 2013 Academy Awards.
Recently, Tyrese’s audition tape came to light and it’s really good!
Check it out at EURThisNThat!
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here