*I know first hand how hard it is for an actor to rehearse so diligently for an audition, finally get seen by the powers-that-be in what they consider a to die for kind of role; get a callback but ultimately no booking.
Aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!! It’s a terrible, defeatist kind of feeling. But actors get use to it because it happens a lot.
Still, it must be even worse when the person that auditions is a celebrity. Someone who was probably solicited to audition in the first place, though not necessarily as many celebrities, unsolicited, anxiously throw their proverbial hats in the ring trying to get the work.
I don’t know how many of you realize that one-time-model-turned-actor, Tyrese Gibson, tried hard to be in Quentin Tarantino’s controversial hit, Django Unchained.
The controversial film, as you know, made a lot of noise in the African American community especially–some loved it, while others hated it…There was no middle ground. Yet it still went on to win Best Original Screenplay for Tarentino and Best Supporting Actor for Christoph Waltz at the 2013 Academy Awards.
Recently, Tyrese’s audition tape came to light and it’s really good!
Check it out at EURThisNThat!
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here