*I know first hand how hard it is for an actor to rehearse so diligently for an audition, finally get seen by the powers-that-be in what they consider a to die for kind of role; get a callback but ultimately no booking.
Aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!! It’s a terrible, defeatist kind of feeling. But actors get use to it because it happens a lot.
Still, it must be even worse when the person that auditions is a celebrity. Someone who was probably solicited to audition in the first place, though not necessarily as many celebrities, unsolicited, anxiously throw their proverbial hats in the ring trying to get the work.
I don’t know how many of you realize that one-time-model-turned-actor, Tyrese Gibson, tried hard to be in Quentin Tarantino’s controversial hit, Django Unchained.
The controversial film, as you know, made a lot of noise in the African American community especially–some loved it, while others hated it…There was no middle ground. Yet it still went on to win Best Original Screenplay for Tarentino and Best Supporting Actor for Christoph Waltz at the 2013 Academy Awards.
Recently, Tyrese’s audition tape came to light and it’s really good!
Check it out at EURThisNThat!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Teen Killed By Black Man, Authorities Refuse to Press Charges (Watch)
- Chicago Cop (Jason Van Dyke) Who Killed Jaquan McDonald Free on Bond
- Jameis Winston: ‘Lions Do Not Accept Opinions of F*cking Sheep!’
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here