*I know first hand how hard it is for an actor to rehearse so diligently for an audition, finally get seen by the powers-that-be in what they consider a to die for kind of role; get a callback but ultimately no booking.
Aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!! It’s a terrible, defeatist kind of feeling. But actors get use to it because it happens a lot.
Still, it must be even worse when the person that auditions is a celebrity. Someone who was probably solicited to audition in the first place, though not necessarily as many celebrities, unsolicited, anxiously throw their proverbial hats in the ring trying to get the work.
I don’t know how many of you realize that one-time-model-turned-actor, Tyrese Gibson, tried hard to be in Quentin Tarantino’s controversial hit, Django Unchained.
The controversial film, as you know, made a lot of noise in the African American community especially–some loved it, while others hated it…There was no middle ground. Yet it still went on to win Best Original Screenplay for Tarentino and Best Supporting Actor for Christoph Waltz at the 2013 Academy Awards.
Recently, Tyrese’s audition tape came to light and it’s really good!
Check it out at EURThisNThat!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here