*I know first hand how hard it is for an actor to rehearse so diligently for an audition, finally get seen by the powers-that-be in what they consider a to die for kind of role; get a callback but ultimately no booking.
Aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!! It’s a terrible, defeatist kind of feeling. But actors get use to it because it happens a lot.
Still, it must be even worse when the person that auditions is a celebrity. Someone who was probably solicited to audition in the first place, though not necessarily as many celebrities, unsolicited, anxiously throw their proverbial hats in the ring trying to get the work.
I don’t know how many of you realize that one-time-model-turned-actor, Tyrese Gibson, tried hard to be in Quentin Tarantino’s controversial hit, Django Unchained.
The controversial film, as you know, made a lot of noise in the African American community especially–some loved it, while others hated it…There was no middle ground. Yet it still went on to win Best Original Screenplay for Tarentino and Best Supporting Actor for Christoph Waltz at the 2013 Academy Awards.
Recently, Tyrese’s audition tape came to light and it’s really good!
Check it out at EURThisNThat!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here