*In the wake ofSpike Lee going off in a public rant about the gentrification of his Brooklyn neighborhood, somebody has gone and vandalized the famed director’s childhood home and the house next door.
According to reports, vandals spray painted the stoop of Lee’s former childhood home in Fort Greene on Friday. Even more damage was done to the house next door; a window was smashed and “Do the Right Thing” was spray-painted on the first floor.
“I was very angry about that,” said Dianne Mackenzie, who lives in that home. “It’s mindless and it’s senseless, and it’s pretty stupid.”
On ther other hand, Mackenzie wouldn’t say whether she thought the crime, which police are investigating, was a reaction to Lee’s tirade.
“They can speculate all you want, but I don’t know why,” Mackenzie said. “It’s not something that happens in this neighborhood. It’s not usual.”
As we reported, Spike Lee’s outspoken comments created controversy last week when he said that longtime Brooklyn residents, and other New York City neighborhoods, were being pushed out by people with “Christopher Columbus Syndrome.”
“You can’t discover this! We been here. You just can’t come and bogart,” the director told an audience Tuesday at the Pratt Institute in Fort Greene.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here