*Pharrell Williams, Alicia Keys, Kendrick Lamar and Hans Zimmer have joined forces for a track to grace the soundtrack for “The Amazing Spider-Man 2.”
“It’s On Again,” produced by Pharrell, is performed primarily by Keys, with Lamar contributing in a featured role. Veteran composer Zimmer is overseeing the film’s score.
“I’m very excited to be a part of such a powerful collaboration with Kendrick Lamar, Pharrell Williams and Hans Zimmer,” Keys said in a release. “This is the next chapter in the ‘Spider-Man’ legacy and we really feel ‘It’s On Again’ captures the experience, the story — and most importantly — the meaning behind the film, which is that we all have the potential to be extraordinary. There’s a little bit of a super hero in all of us.”
“We were looking for just the right song to close out the film — a song that would be upbeat and exciting, but also contain a note of foreboding,” film director Marc Webb added about “It’s On Again.” “Alicia’s song, ‘It’s On Again,’ is the perfect end note. For the overall score, I’m so amazed by what Hans Zimmer and the Magnificent Six were able to achieve with the music in the film. Every director wants his movie to have a unique sound, but this is beyond unique. It’s completely unlike any movie score that’s come before.”
The score itself was helmed by Zimmer, with the Magnificent Six — Pharrell, Incubus’ Mike Einzinger, Johnny Marr, Junkie XL, Andrew Kawczynski and Steve Mazzaro.
“When we came together to form a band to create the music of this film, we did the opposite of what composers usually do — we wrote songs, and from the songs came the themes,” Zimmer explained. “We embraced a rock ‘n’ roll ethos on this movie, and it paid off.”
“Hans has created an iconic score theme and it was exciting to collaborate with him again on this song,” Pharrell added. “When I was making the song, I knew Alicia and Kendrick had to be on it. They take the song to a whole new level.”
“The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack” will see an April 22 release date, with the film itself hitting U.S. theaters May 2. The soundtrack is also scheduled to feature new material from the Neighbourhood, Pharrell, Alvin Risk and LIZ. Phosphorescent’s “Song for Zula” will also make an appearance on the soundtrack.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here