*Anita Baker said she was shocked to see herself on the news this morning as the target of an arrest warrant in Detroit.
The R&B veteran has had a long-standing legal battle over a $15,000 home decorating bill. After she failed to show up in court Wednesday for the latest hearing in the case, the warrant was issued for her arrest.
Baker, who is currently “out of town,” according to her lawyer, has now revealed she was shocked to find out about the drama on TV. She tweeted: “Whattt??!! … sittin’ in the kitchen watching this on TV. Big time crazy. Atty on his way to TV Station. Devil sho is busy.”
Baker’s lawyer, Jamal Hamood, has since insisted the 56-year-old was unaware of the legal action. He plans to file a motion to dismiss the warrant.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Look! Patti LaBelle and James Wright Chanel Together Eatin', Dancin & Singin' (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Protesters Disrupt Black Friday in Chicago
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here