*Anita Baker said she was shocked to see herself on the news this morning as the target of an arrest warrant in Detroit.
The R&B veteran has had a long-standing legal battle over a $15,000 home decorating bill. After she failed to show up in court Wednesday for the latest hearing in the case, the warrant was issued for her arrest.
Baker, who is currently “out of town,” according to her lawyer, has now revealed she was shocked to find out about the drama on TV. She tweeted: “Whattt??!! … sittin’ in the kitchen watching this on TV. Big time crazy. Atty on his way to TV Station. Devil sho is busy.”
Baker’s lawyer, Jamal Hamood, has since insisted the 56-year-old was unaware of the legal action. He plans to file a motion to dismiss the warrant.
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here