*Anita Baker said she was shocked to see herself on the news this morning as the target of an arrest warrant in Detroit.
The R&B veteran has had a long-standing legal battle over a $15,000 home decorating bill. After she failed to show up in court Wednesday for the latest hearing in the case, the warrant was issued for her arrest.
Baker, who is currently “out of town,” according to her lawyer, has now revealed she was shocked to find out about the drama on TV. She tweeted: “Whattt??!! … sittin’ in the kitchen watching this on TV. Big time crazy. Atty on his way to TV Station. Devil sho is busy.”
Baker’s lawyer, Jamal Hamood, has since insisted the 56-year-old was unaware of the legal action. He plans to file a motion to dismiss the warrant.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here