*Anita Baker said she was shocked to see herself on the news this morning as the target of an arrest warrant in Detroit.
The R&B veteran has had a long-standing legal battle over a $15,000 home decorating bill. After she failed to show up in court Wednesday for the latest hearing in the case, the warrant was issued for her arrest.
Baker, who is currently “out of town,” according to her lawyer, has now revealed she was shocked to find out about the drama on TV. She tweeted: “Whattt??!! … sittin’ in the kitchen watching this on TV. Big time crazy. Atty on his way to TV Station. Devil sho is busy.”
Baker’s lawyer, Jamal Hamood, has since insisted the 56-year-old was unaware of the legal action. He plans to file a motion to dismiss the warrant.
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here