*Anita Baker said she was shocked to see herself on the news this morning as the target of an arrest warrant in Detroit.
The R&B veteran has had a long-standing legal battle over a $15,000 home decorating bill. After she failed to show up in court Wednesday for the latest hearing in the case, the warrant was issued for her arrest.
Baker, who is currently “out of town,” according to her lawyer, has now revealed she was shocked to find out about the drama on TV. She tweeted: “Whattt??!! … sittin’ in the kitchen watching this on TV. Big time crazy. Atty on his way to TV Station. Devil sho is busy.”
Baker’s lawyer, Jamal Hamood, has since insisted the 56-year-old was unaware of the legal action. He plans to file a motion to dismiss the warrant.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here