*On Tuesday, the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, will be 72. But she’s not waiting ’til then to celebrate.
Nope, her b-day party went down last night in NYC and among the folks who stopped by to help her celebrate were Denzel Washington and Clive Davis. Also there to pay homage were Andre 3000 and Babyface are working on new music for Sister Re.
The musical icon was in good spirits at her birthday event which was small and private of course and held at the Ritz-Carlton. Speaking of Andre 300 and Babyface, she acknowledged in an interview that she’s working on new music with them.
“Babyface is working on the tracks,” she said.
And as we’ve reported, he’s also guest starring with Toni Braxton in the Broadway musical “After Midnight,” which celebrates Duke Ellington’s years at the Cotton Club nightclub in Harlem. Their stints in the show run through March 30.
“So, I’m just waiting for him to finish that so he can finish my tracks please,” Franklin said.
“And I think Andre 2000 — is it two or three? 3000 is going to be doing some of the tracks with him.”
Since it’s her birthday – and since she’s the queen – she gets to make all the wishes she wants. So what is her desire, you ask?
“I’m looking for a record deal for my granddaughter Victorie, and my son Kecalf.” They both performed recently at the BET Honors special, which paid tribute to Franklin.
“I would be happy with that,” she said. You can see her give those b-day wishes on video below.
Earlier this month, as we reported, Franklin performed at the White House alongside Patti LaBelle, Jill Scott and other soul singers.
“What a shoutin’ good time we had,” she exclaimed. “The White House is still rocking right now!”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Logan Westbrooks, Music Industry Pioneer
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here