*On Tuesday, the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, will be 72. But she’s not waiting ’til then to celebrate.
Nope, her b-day party went down last night in NYC and among the folks who stopped by to help her celebrate were Denzel Washington and Clive Davis. Also there to pay homage were Andre 3000 and Babyface are working on new music for Sister Re.
The musical icon was in good spirits at her birthday event which was small and private of course and held at the Ritz-Carlton. Speaking of Andre 300 and Babyface, she acknowledged in an interview that she’s working on new music with them.
“Babyface is working on the tracks,” she said.
And as we’ve reported, he’s also guest starring with Toni Braxton in the Broadway musical “After Midnight,” which celebrates Duke Ellington’s years at the Cotton Club nightclub in Harlem. Their stints in the show run through March 30.
“So, I’m just waiting for him to finish that so he can finish my tracks please,” Franklin said.
“And I think Andre 2000 — is it two or three? 3000 is going to be doing some of the tracks with him.”
Since it’s her birthday – and since she’s the queen – she gets to make all the wishes she wants. So what is her desire, you ask?
“I’m looking for a record deal for my granddaughter Victorie, and my son Kecalf.” They both performed recently at the BET Honors special, which paid tribute to Franklin.
“I would be happy with that,” she said. You can see her give those b-day wishes on video below.
Earlier this month, as we reported, Franklin performed at the White House alongside Patti LaBelle, Jill Scott and other soul singers.
“What a shoutin’ good time we had,” she exclaimed. “The White House is still rocking right now!”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here