*It was only a matter of time before Aretha Franklin was asked about President Obama’s recent misspelling of her most famous song.
At a White House concert last Thursday, Obama dropped the initial “E” when trying to spell out “respect” as the queen of soul does in her famous song. The flub made instant headlines.
“I’m sure the President had much on his agenda and was just a little tired,” the 71-year-old singer said in a statement Monday.
The “Women of Soul” concert included Franklin, Patti LaBelle, Melissa Etheridge, Janelle Monae, Ariana Grande and Jill Scott.
Franklin says no offense was taken.
“The President and I are mutual when it comes to R-E-S-P-E-C-T,” she said.
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here