*It was only a matter of time before Aretha Franklin was asked about President Obama’s recent misspelling of her most famous song.
At a White House concert last Thursday, Obama dropped the initial “E” when trying to spell out “respect” as the queen of soul does in her famous song. The flub made instant headlines.
“I’m sure the President had much on his agenda and was just a little tired,” the 71-year-old singer said in a statement Monday.
The “Women of Soul” concert included Franklin, Patti LaBelle, Melissa Etheridge, Janelle Monae, Ariana Grande and Jill Scott.
Franklin says no offense was taken.
“The President and I are mutual when it comes to R-E-S-P-E-C-T,” she said.
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here