*A man accused of stalking Ashanti went off in court on Tuesday (March 11), demanding that his case “switch judges” before guards ran him out of a New York courtroom.
Devar Hurd, 35, is accused of sending emails and texts to the singer. He served a multi-year sentence through 2012 after being convicted of harassing her in 2009, but supposedly resumed attempting to contact Ashanti upon his release.
“You know I didn’t do nothing,” Hurd said during his court date, according to the New York Daily News. “Why are you not honoring the simple fact of what’s going on? Isn’t that part of your job?”
Hurd told Justice Charles Solomon that there were “no text messages” and “no emails” to the singer, despite prosecutors’ claim that he sent over 100 messages to Ashanti, including graphic sexts.
“I feel like there’s a conflict of interest,” Hurd told Solomon.
After refusing to pipe down, the judge demanded Hurd be removed from the courtroom.
Hurd pled not guilty to the charges after a court date in August. His next date on trial is April 15.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here