*A man accused of stalking Ashanti went off in court on Tuesday (March 11), demanding that his case “switch judges” before guards ran him out of a New York courtroom.
Devar Hurd, 35, is accused of sending emails and texts to the singer. He served a multi-year sentence through 2012 after being convicted of harassing her in 2009, but supposedly resumed attempting to contact Ashanti upon his release.
“You know I didn’t do nothing,” Hurd said during his court date, according to the New York Daily News. “Why are you not honoring the simple fact of what’s going on? Isn’t that part of your job?”
Hurd told Justice Charles Solomon that there were “no text messages” and “no emails” to the singer, despite prosecutors’ claim that he sent over 100 messages to Ashanti, including graphic sexts.
“I feel like there’s a conflict of interest,” Hurd told Solomon.
After refusing to pipe down, the judge demanded Hurd be removed from the courtroom.
Hurd pled not guilty to the charges after a court date in August. His next date on trial is April 15.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here