*BET is expanding its late-night talk block with the acquisition of Sony Pictures Television’s “The Queen Latifah Show,” notes The Hollywood Reporter.
The syndicated daytime talk and variety show will join the network’s lineup on Monday, March 31, where it will be paired with repeats of “The Wendy Williams Show,” which BET nabbed in 2009. Both series will be joined in the fall by the network’s previously announced acquisition “The Real.”
“Queen Latifah” premiered in September and, in its first season, out-rated all other new talk shows including competition from the since-canceled Bethenny Frankel program.
“Queen Latifah” was renewed for a second season on CBS Stations. It’s produced by the singer-actress’ Flavor Unit, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment and Sony Pictures Television.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here