*BET is expanding its late-night talk block with the acquisition of Sony Pictures Television’s “The Queen Latifah Show,” notes The Hollywood Reporter.
The syndicated daytime talk and variety show will join the network’s lineup on Monday, March 31, where it will be paired with repeats of “The Wendy Williams Show,” which BET nabbed in 2009. Both series will be joined in the fall by the network’s previously announced acquisition “The Real.”
“Queen Latifah” premiered in September and, in its first season, out-rated all other new talk shows including competition from the since-canceled Bethenny Frankel program.
“Queen Latifah” was renewed for a second season on CBS Stations. It’s produced by the singer-actress’ Flavor Unit, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment and Sony Pictures Television.
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here