*BET is expanding its late-night talk block with the acquisition of Sony Pictures Television’s “The Queen Latifah Show,” notes The Hollywood Reporter.
The syndicated daytime talk and variety show will join the network’s lineup on Monday, March 31, where it will be paired with repeats of “The Wendy Williams Show,” which BET nabbed in 2009. Both series will be joined in the fall by the network’s previously announced acquisition “The Real.”
“Queen Latifah” premiered in September and, in its first season, out-rated all other new talk shows including competition from the since-canceled Bethenny Frankel program.
“Queen Latifah” was renewed for a second season on CBS Stations. It’s produced by the singer-actress’ Flavor Unit, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment and Sony Pictures Television.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here