*BET is expanding its late-night talk block with the acquisition of Sony Pictures Television’s “The Queen Latifah Show,” notes The Hollywood Reporter.
The syndicated daytime talk and variety show will join the network’s lineup on Monday, March 31, where it will be paired with repeats of “The Wendy Williams Show,” which BET nabbed in 2009. Both series will be joined in the fall by the network’s previously announced acquisition “The Real.”
“Queen Latifah” premiered in September and, in its first season, out-rated all other new talk shows including competition from the since-canceled Bethenny Frankel program.
“Queen Latifah” was renewed for a second season on CBS Stations. It’s produced by the singer-actress’ Flavor Unit, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment and Sony Pictures Television.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- MC Lyte: Fetty Wap is Hip Hop’s Most Feminist Rapper (Watch)
- Cynthia Robinson of Sly and the Family Stone Dies at 69
- Woman Admits She Was 'Angry at Life' When She Stabbed Stranger in Store to Death ... WTF?
- Mystery Surrounds South African Child in Chris Rock’s Family
- Suspect Arrested in Shooting of Five #BlackLivesMatter Protesters in Minneapolis
- Chicago Cop Charged With Murder in Laquan McDonald Shooting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here