*BET is expanding its late-night talk block with the acquisition of Sony Pictures Television’s “The Queen Latifah Show,” notes The Hollywood Reporter.
The syndicated daytime talk and variety show will join the network’s lineup on Monday, March 31, where it will be paired with repeats of “The Wendy Williams Show,” which BET nabbed in 2009. Both series will be joined in the fall by the network’s previously announced acquisition “The Real.”
“Queen Latifah” premiered in September and, in its first season, out-rated all other new talk shows including competition from the since-canceled Bethenny Frankel program.
“Queen Latifah” was renewed for a second season on CBS Stations. It’s produced by the singer-actress’ Flavor Unit, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment and Sony Pictures Television.
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here