*Chris Brown may very will miss his assault trial in Washington DC because he’ll still be in jail in Los Angeles. That would trigger a probation violation from the Rihanna case and land him in prison for four years.
TMZ is reporting that Brown’s lawyer is trying to avoid that scenario by offering a huge check to his client’s DC accuser.
According to the website, Chris’ lawyer, Mark Geragos, has contacted the lawyer for the man who claims Chris assaulted him in DC, breaking his nose, and offered to settle the case out of court. This means the plaintiff would tell prosecutors he’s no longer interested in pursing the criminal case.
TMZ says prosecutors are aware of the civil settlement negotiations, and “Geragos may have already sealed the deal but if not … it should be done in a day or two.”
TMZ sums it up: “So here’s the likely resolution. The alleged victim gets a ton of money (our educated guess is several hundred thousand dollars), D.C. prosecutors drop the criminal assault case and the Rihanna judge then lets Chris out of jail either late this week or early next. Smart move.”
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here