*Chris Brown may very will miss his assault trial in Washington DC because he’ll still be in jail in Los Angeles. That would trigger a probation violation from the Rihanna case and land him in prison for four years.
TMZ is reporting that Brown’s lawyer is trying to avoid that scenario by offering a huge check to his client’s DC accuser.
According to the website, Chris’ lawyer, Mark Geragos, has contacted the lawyer for the man who claims Chris assaulted him in DC, breaking his nose, and offered to settle the case out of court. This means the plaintiff would tell prosecutors he’s no longer interested in pursing the criminal case.
TMZ says prosecutors are aware of the civil settlement negotiations, and “Geragos may have already sealed the deal but if not … it should be done in a day or two.”
TMZ sums it up: “So here’s the likely resolution. The alleged victim gets a ton of money (our educated guess is several hundred thousand dollars), D.C. prosecutors drop the criminal assault case and the Rihanna judge then lets Chris out of jail either late this week or early next. Smart move.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here