*Chris Brown may very will miss his assault trial in Washington DC because he’ll still be in jail in Los Angeles. That would trigger a probation violation from the Rihanna case and land him in prison for four years.
TMZ is reporting that Brown’s lawyer is trying to avoid that scenario by offering a huge check to his client’s DC accuser.
According to the website, Chris’ lawyer, Mark Geragos, has contacted the lawyer for the man who claims Chris assaulted him in DC, breaking his nose, and offered to settle the case out of court. This means the plaintiff would tell prosecutors he’s no longer interested in pursing the criminal case.
TMZ says prosecutors are aware of the civil settlement negotiations, and “Geragos may have already sealed the deal but if not … it should be done in a day or two.”
TMZ sums it up: “So here’s the likely resolution. The alleged victim gets a ton of money (our educated guess is several hundred thousand dollars), D.C. prosecutors drop the criminal assault case and the Rihanna judge then lets Chris out of jail either late this week or early next. Smart move.”
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here