*Chris Brown may very will miss his assault trial in Washington DC because he’ll still be in jail in Los Angeles. That would trigger a probation violation from the Rihanna case and land him in prison for four years.
TMZ is reporting that Brown’s lawyer is trying to avoid that scenario by offering a huge check to his client’s DC accuser.
According to the website, Chris’ lawyer, Mark Geragos, has contacted the lawyer for the man who claims Chris assaulted him in DC, breaking his nose, and offered to settle the case out of court. This means the plaintiff would tell prosecutors he’s no longer interested in pursing the criminal case.
TMZ says prosecutors are aware of the civil settlement negotiations, and “Geragos may have already sealed the deal but if not … it should be done in a day or two.”
TMZ sums it up: “So here’s the likely resolution. The alleged victim gets a ton of money (our educated guess is several hundred thousand dollars), D.C. prosecutors drop the criminal assault case and the Rihanna judge then lets Chris out of jail either late this week or early next. Smart move.”
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here