*Chris Brown may very will miss his assault trial in Washington DC because he’ll still be in jail in Los Angeles. That would trigger a probation violation from the Rihanna case and land him in prison for four years.
TMZ is reporting that Brown’s lawyer is trying to avoid that scenario by offering a huge check to his client’s DC accuser.
According to the website, Chris’ lawyer, Mark Geragos, has contacted the lawyer for the man who claims Chris assaulted him in DC, breaking his nose, and offered to settle the case out of court. This means the plaintiff would tell prosecutors he’s no longer interested in pursing the criminal case.
TMZ says prosecutors are aware of the civil settlement negotiations, and “Geragos may have already sealed the deal but if not … it should be done in a day or two.”
TMZ sums it up: “So here’s the likely resolution. The alleged victim gets a ton of money (our educated guess is several hundred thousand dollars), D.C. prosecutors drop the criminal assault case and the Rihanna judge then lets Chris out of jail either late this week or early next. Smart move.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here