*Countess Vaughn made many fans laugh on her hit sitcoms of the 90s — “Moesha” and “The Parkers.”
But now her life is a no laughing or entertainment matter.
The former TV star is experiencing health issues due to her love for lace front wigs!
Vaughn appeared on “The Doctors” to share her story and raise awareness about the dangers of wearing too many lace fronts.
“It’s crazy how one day everything’s fine then the next thing, the simplest thing, can mess up your life,” Countess said while on the show.
Vaughn gave a play by play on how she fell crazy in love with lace fronts.
“In 2004, my hairstylist introduced to lace-front wigs and I fell in love with them, immediately,” she said. “You have a full-hair line; I was wearing them 24/7.”
But issues would soon happen due to her five-year love.
“Five years later the drama came in. The red flag was the oozing from my ears, forehead, the whole nape around my head,” she said. “The pus had a horrible smell and it was painful. I let it go by for six months.”
She continued with:
“What I did not realize, I had a bad reaction to the glue I used to apply the wig. My hair started to fall out.”
Once Vaughn accepted something was seriously wrong with her health and the lace fronts might have had something to do with it, she sought help.
“I went to the dermatologist but he did not let me know the long-term effects of the infection,” she said.
She continued with expressing her illness, “I have skin discoloration and people assume I have vitiligo. I use makeup to cover up, especially the skin under my eyes. Skin came off of my ears. I draw in my hairline with an eye pencil.”
Vaughn got emotional on the show talking about the hell she has gone through with her hair and skin experiences.
“I was embarrassed, you have to be at home, and be bald,” she said tearing up. “I had to go through this to teach my little one, ‘you have to love yourself before anyone else will.’”
High toxic levels of hair glue can even cause death, due to allergic reactions.
Hey Beyoncé, ya listenin’?
Watch Vaughn on “The Doctors” below:
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Crazy Mom who Killed Her Kids: 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here