*Former NFL All-Pro safety Darren Sharper has been charged with two counts of sexual assault and administrating dangerous drugs in Arizona stemming from allegations he raped two women, reports ESPN.
It’s the latest development in several ongoing sexual assault investigations involving the 38-year-old Sharper in Louisiana, California, Florida, Arizona and Nevada.
Sharper is currently in custody in Los Angeles, where he has pleaded not guilty to seven rape and drug counts in connection with two alleged attacks in Hollywood. He had been freed on $1 million bail until an arrest warrant was issued in a New Orleans case.
In Arizona, the Tempe Police Department said a grand jury in metro Phoenix had indicted Sharper after sexual assaults committed in Tempe in November. Police didn’t release any other details of the charges, and the indictment has not yet been publicly released.
Police reports released earlier said two women believed they were sexually assaulted by Sharper at a Tempe apartment on Nov. 21. One of the women told police she suspected she had been drugged before she was attacked.
Prosecutors in New Orleans said Wednesday there will not be an indictment of Sharper there by Thursday, a deadline set by a California judge who said she would have to release Sharper if charges weren’t filed by then in Louisiana.
New Orleans Assistant District Attorney Christopher Bowman said the case remained under investigation.
Sharper was selected All-Pro six times and chosen for the Pro Bowl five times. He played in two Super Bowls, one with the Green Bay Packers as a rookie and another as part of a successful championship run while with the New Orleans Saints.
He retired after the 2010 season and was working as an analyst for the NFL Network before being fired last week.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here