*Former NFL All-Pro safety Darren Sharper has been charged with two counts of sexual assault and administrating dangerous drugs in Arizona stemming from allegations he raped two women, reports ESPN.
It’s the latest development in several ongoing sexual assault investigations involving the 38-year-old Sharper in Louisiana, California, Florida, Arizona and Nevada.
Sharper is currently in custody in Los Angeles, where he has pleaded not guilty to seven rape and drug counts in connection with two alleged attacks in Hollywood. He had been freed on $1 million bail until an arrest warrant was issued in a New Orleans case.
In Arizona, the Tempe Police Department said a grand jury in metro Phoenix had indicted Sharper after sexual assaults committed in Tempe in November. Police didn’t release any other details of the charges, and the indictment has not yet been publicly released.
Police reports released earlier said two women believed they were sexually assaulted by Sharper at a Tempe apartment on Nov. 21. One of the women told police she suspected she had been drugged before she was attacked.
Prosecutors in New Orleans said Wednesday there will not be an indictment of Sharper there by Thursday, a deadline set by a California judge who said she would have to release Sharper if charges weren’t filed by then in Louisiana.
New Orleans Assistant District Attorney Christopher Bowman said the case remained under investigation.
Sharper was selected All-Pro six times and chosen for the Pro Bowl five times. He played in two Super Bowls, one with the Green Bay Packers as a rookie and another as part of a successful championship run while with the New Orleans Saints.
He retired after the 2010 season and was working as an analyst for the NFL Network before being fired last week.
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here