*Deion Sanders was as famous for his on-the-field showboating as he was for his skills as a Hall of Fame cornerback in the NFL.
Thanks to Oprah Winfrey’s OWN, fans are getting to see a less braggadocios side of the retired player in Prime Time’s reality series, “Deion’s Family Playbook,” which highlights his role as a single dad raising five kids of his own, as well as five other children.
The show also follows his charter school Prime Prep Academy, which he co-founded as an effort to make a lasting impact on kids in underserved communities.
“I am single, but not alone. I have Tracey,” Sanders told us, referring to his girlfriend Tracey Edmonds. “She’s one of the best things that has ever happened to me.”
A busy Hollywood producer with two sons of her own, Edmonds comes to visit every other week.
“My mother lives with me as well,” Sanders adds. “We’re raising eight kids plus another 579 at Prime Prep Academy and another 300 at Truth, my youth organization, so I love the fact of fathering. I love parenting. No one has successfully conquered how to parent, but I feel like with the formula of time, and given the time my time is so precious. It’s one of the most precious coins that I own. Time coupled with love and we could all be successful parents.”
Below, Sanders says it was inevitable that he end up with not just a large family of his flesh and blood, but an extended group of kids that he also considers his own.
“Deion’s Family Playbook” airs Saturdays at 10 p.m. on OWN. Watch the first five minutes of the March 1 premiere below.
Watch the first five minutes before it debuts on TV, then, tune in for the full episode on the series premiere of Deion’s Family Playbook on Saturday March 1st at 10/9c.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here