*Deion Sanders was as famous for his on-the-field showboating as he was for his skills as a Hall of Fame cornerback in the NFL.
Thanks to Oprah Winfrey’s OWN, fans are getting to see a less braggadocios side of the retired player in Prime Time’s reality series, “Deion’s Family Playbook,” which highlights his role as a single dad raising five kids of his own, as well as five other children.
The show also follows his charter school Prime Prep Academy, which he co-founded as an effort to make a lasting impact on kids in underserved communities.
“I am single, but not alone. I have Tracey,” Sanders told us, referring to his girlfriend Tracey Edmonds. “She’s one of the best things that has ever happened to me.”
A busy Hollywood producer with two sons of her own, Edmonds comes to visit every other week.
“My mother lives with me as well,” Sanders adds. “We’re raising eight kids plus another 579 at Prime Prep Academy and another 300 at Truth, my youth organization, so I love the fact of fathering. I love parenting. No one has successfully conquered how to parent, but I feel like with the formula of time, and given the time my time is so precious. It’s one of the most precious coins that I own. Time coupled with love and we could all be successful parents.”
Below, Sanders says it was inevitable that he end up with not just a large family of his flesh and blood, but an extended group of kids that he also considers his own.
“Deion’s Family Playbook” airs Saturdays at 10 p.m. on OWN. Watch the first five minutes of the March 1 premiere below.
Watch the first five minutes before it debuts on TV, then, tune in for the full episode on the series premiere of Deion’s Family Playbook on Saturday March 1st at 10/9c.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here