The ban stems from Fox’s appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” in September 2005; a moment in which the late night talk show host thought Fox was on drugs.
Fox was on Kimmel’s show to promote her Lifetime crime drama “Missing.” According to reports, the interview was a disaster from start to finish as Kimmel kicked it off by making fun of Star Jones, a friend of Fox’s, as he introduced the entertainer. Although the comedian highlighted Fox’s accomplishments, he continued going at Jones when he concluded with, “…and most harrowing of all, Star Jones’ bridesmaid.”
From that moment on, Fox’s interaction with Kimmel became tense and icy as the “Set It Off” star claimed that she didn’t find the host’s jokes about Jones funny.
“It goes both ways,” chided Kimmel, who tried to make things right. “I’m desperate to make this work. You know what? The four of us should get together — me, you, Star and [Star’s then-husband] Al [Reynolds].”
Fox’s response: “You would get your a** kicked.”
At that point, Fox walked off the set, leaving Kimmel to spend the next segment focused on her empty chair.
Kimmel’s claims of Fox being on drugs during the interview conflicts with the actress’ longtime anti-drug stance. Fox addressed Lamar Odom’s problem with drugs when she spoke to BET.com in October.
“I hate to see this happen to him,” she said. “His wife really loves him. But drugs will mess you up.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toronto Raptors Milk ‘Hotline Bling’ During Drake Night (Video)
- Corey Morgan Charged in Brutal Killing of 9-Year-Old Tyshawn Lee
- Black Friday Fights 2015 - The Best Of...So Far (Watch)
- Traci Braxton on 'The Real' to Deny Beef with Tamar (WATCH)
- Romeo Miller Responds to Mother Suing Him with Emotional Letter
- Miss Robbie Talks Vegan Soul Food, Family Legacy and Being the Best [EUR Exclusive]
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- PETA Offers $5K for Info On Puppies Found in Sealed Aquarium in the Woods
- Patti LaBelle Has More for Walmart; Steph Curry Buys a Mansion
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here