The ban stems from Fox’s appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” in September 2005; a moment in which the late night talk show host thought Fox was on drugs.
Fox was on Kimmel’s show to promote her Lifetime crime drama “Missing.” According to reports, the interview was a disaster from start to finish as Kimmel kicked it off by making fun of Star Jones, a friend of Fox’s, as he introduced the entertainer. Although the comedian highlighted Fox’s accomplishments, he continued going at Jones when he concluded with, “…and most harrowing of all, Star Jones’ bridesmaid.”
From that moment on, Fox’s interaction with Kimmel became tense and icy as the “Set It Off” star claimed that she didn’t find the host’s jokes about Jones funny.
“It goes both ways,” chided Kimmel, who tried to make things right. “I’m desperate to make this work. You know what? The four of us should get together — me, you, Star and [Star’s then-husband] Al [Reynolds].”
Fox’s response: “You would get your a** kicked.”
At that point, Fox walked off the set, leaving Kimmel to spend the next segment focused on her empty chair.
Kimmel’s claims of Fox being on drugs during the interview conflicts with the actress’ longtime anti-drug stance. Fox addressed Lamar Odom’s problem with drugs when she spoke to BET.com in October.
“I hate to see this happen to him,” she said. “His wife really loves him. But drugs will mess you up.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here