*The force is definitely with Billy Dee Williams.
The “Star Wars” actor, despite receiving the lowest score from judges during last week’s season finale, managed to get enough viewer votes to survive Monday night’s double elimination.
Long-distance swimmer Diana Nyad and former New York Ranger Sean Avery were the show’s first casualties.
Williams, whose painful Lando Calrissian-themed performance was the source of ridicule the next day, took the derision to heart.
“I wanted to cry,” he sadly told pro partner Emma Slater after last week’s low scores. During rehearsals, Billy’s arthritic back and two bad hips were acting up and he struggled through the choreography. His sad mood brought Emma down as well, prompting her to bring in Jenna and Lindsey from the Troupe to cheer her up. Turns out, the scantily clad girls perked Williams up as well, and the 77-year-old rebounded to pull off a tango routine last night that wasn’t quite as painful to watch as his first effort, but still received the lowest scores of the night.
Carrie Ann Inaba said he handled the choreography very well, but she still thought the content was lacking. Len Goodman likened his dance to “ivy — just crept across the floor, there was no attack.” And the scores remained the same. Total: 15.
Meanwhile, NeNe Leakes revealed she chose the jive for her husband. Though a couple tough rehearsals with Tony Dovolani had the Real Housewife of Atlanta rethinking her nuptials. “Who chose the jive?” NeNe demanded. “Your husband,” Tony responded. “We need a divorce.”
On the floor last night, NeNe worked it out, turning in a routine that again pleased the crowd, and judges.
“I hope you’re back because you’re so much fun to watch,” Len said. “You can shimmy, you can shake it,” Bruno said, though he said her jive had to be much sharper on the footwork. Carrie Ann agreed, though she thought NeNe’s arms still could be bigger. Total: 21.
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here