*NeNe Leakes literally kicked off season 18 of “Dancing With the Stars” last night, and got the crowd hyped with her energized cha cha cha.
“The Real Housewife of Atlanta” and “Glee” star sported a glitzy headband and white fringe to cut a rug with her partner Tony Dovoalni, and gave the show a huge dose of the personality that has made her a reality show standout.
“I’ve never taken a dance class before, but I’ve got a lot of soul,” she claimed.
The judges gave her a 21 out of 30. Carrie Ann Inaba wanted her performance to fit her “incredibly larger-than-life personality:” “I felt you were dancing a little small to match Tony,” she said.
Poor Billy Dee Williams.
He’s 77, with two hip replacements and an arthritic back – but he got out there and he tried.
Producers played up his Lando Calrissian role in the “Star Wars” franchise, enhancing his cha cha cha with dancing Stormtroopers, cheering Ewoks, a cameo from R2-D2, the “Star Wars” theme song and a Princess Leia outfit for his partner Emma (complete with the side hair buns). None of that, however, was enough to distract from his painfully-awful performance…bless his heart.
The judges gave him a generous 15 out of 30 – the lowest of the night.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jay Z's Drug Dealer Past Thrown at Beyonce by TV Host Tomi Lahren
- Former Atlanta Vice Mayor Lisa Borders Named New WNBA President
- Does Bernie Sanders Meeting Al Sharpton Equal More Black Voter Support?
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here