*NeNe Leakes literally kicked off season 18 of “Dancing With the Stars” last night, and got the crowd hyped with her energized cha cha cha.
“The Real Housewife of Atlanta” and “Glee” star sported a glitzy headband and white fringe to cut a rug with her partner Tony Dovoalni, and gave the show a huge dose of the personality that has made her a reality show standout.
“I’ve never taken a dance class before, but I’ve got a lot of soul,” she claimed.
The judges gave her a 21 out of 30. Carrie Ann Inaba wanted her performance to fit her “incredibly larger-than-life personality:” “I felt you were dancing a little small to match Tony,” she said.
Poor Billy Dee Williams.
He’s 77, with two hip replacements and an arthritic back – but he got out there and he tried.
Producers played up his Lando Calrissian role in the “Star Wars” franchise, enhancing his cha cha cha with dancing Stormtroopers, cheering Ewoks, a cameo from R2-D2, the “Star Wars” theme song and a Princess Leia outfit for his partner Emma (complete with the side hair buns). None of that, however, was enough to distract from his painfully-awful performance…bless his heart.
The judges gave him a generous 15 out of 30 – the lowest of the night.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here