*NeNe Leakes literally kicked off season 18 of “Dancing With the Stars” last night, and got the crowd hyped with her energized cha cha cha.
“The Real Housewife of Atlanta” and “Glee” star sported a glitzy headband and white fringe to cut a rug with her partner Tony Dovoalni, and gave the show a huge dose of the personality that has made her a reality show standout.
“I’ve never taken a dance class before, but I’ve got a lot of soul,” she claimed.
The judges gave her a 21 out of 30. Carrie Ann Inaba wanted her performance to fit her “incredibly larger-than-life personality:” “I felt you were dancing a little small to match Tony,” she said.
Poor Billy Dee Williams.
He’s 77, with two hip replacements and an arthritic back – but he got out there and he tried.
Producers played up his Lando Calrissian role in the “Star Wars” franchise, enhancing his cha cha cha with dancing Stormtroopers, cheering Ewoks, a cameo from R2-D2, the “Star Wars” theme song and a Princess Leia outfit for his partner Emma (complete with the side hair buns). None of that, however, was enough to distract from his painfully-awful performance…bless his heart.
The judges gave him a generous 15 out of 30 – the lowest of the night.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here