Yep, that’s right, Oprah Winfrey met up with comedian and actor Kevin Hart on the heels of his box-office hits and recent NAACP Image Award for “Entertainer of the Year” to discuss his skyrocketing career.
Hart discussed his comedic influences and how reaching his fans through social media was a vital part of his success as he made his way up in the industry.
Hart also talked about raising his children with his ex-wife, the support his mother gave him when he was first starting out and how he learned to forgive his father.
During his appearance on “Oprah Prime,” Hart shares with Oprah about how his mother became creative in helping him survive his first year into his comedy foray.
Hart says he was in love with standup comedy from the moment he started, but as you can imagine, the money was funny back then.
“I haven’t paid my rent in like a month. I’m like, ‘Mom, the rent. Where’s the rent at?'”
All his mother would say is: “Have you been reading your Bible?”
He hadn’t. A week goes by, then another. Hart again asks his mother for rent money. An, you guessed it, the same response. “Have you read your Bible?”
Another month goes by, and Hart shows his mom the eviction notice put on his door. “She said, ‘Talk to me when you read your Bible,'” he says.
Hart went back home, finally ready to appease his mother and open up his Bible. Watch the video below to see what he found inside that made Oprah gasp.
“Oprah Prime” airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
ABOUT OPRAH PRIME:
“Oprah Prime” looks in-depth at some of the most important issues facing us today, as well as headline-making current events through compelling interviews and thoughtful discussions with newsmakers, celebrities, luminaries, and real-life families. “Oprah Prime” is produced by Harpo Studios. Join the conversation on Twitter using #OprahPrime.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here