The humorous interview had three million views within a few hours after its release.
But the stunt garnered criticism too. But they were aiming for that.
“We have to find ways to break through to younger Americans… This is essentially an extension of the code we have been trying to crack for seven years now.” stated presidential communications strategist Dan Pfeiffer.
Both Funny or Die and the White House might have received criticisms, but the White House wanted to reach out to young adults about their health care options.
And the best way to do that was find an entertaining way to relate young adults (while educating them).
“We, obviously, assess opportunities that we have and look at whether or not they’re going to be successful and wise, and I think we made the right call here … I think the average video gets something like 6 million views. I’m convinced we’re going to break that average… I can assure you that the Funny or Die video will be one of the reasons we get young Americans to HealthCare.gov, one of the reasons we get young Americans to enroll in health insurance programs, but not the only one,” said White House press secretary Jay Carney.
It was no easy task getting the president on board for such a hilarious skit (or any skit for that matter).
Mike Farah, Funny Or Die’s president of production and his team came up with ideas and met with the White House.
“It was cool to meet the President, but it was a lot better to go out and do the work to try and make some things,” Farah said.
The video is even more popular — currently garnering more than 14 million viewers.
Watch the mock interview below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here