*The Fox drama pilot “Empire” seems to be adding cast members by the hour.
On the heels of Malik Yoba joining Terrence Howard, Taraji P. Henson and Jussie Smollet in the hip-hop themed project from Lee Daniels, Deadline.com is reporting that Gabourey Sidibe has now signed on for a recurring role.
The story centers on Lucious Lyon (Howard), a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public. Henson plays his ex-wife and Smollet will portray their middle son.
Sidibe, fresh from her role in FX’s “American Horror Story: Coven,” will play Lucious’ hard-working assistant.
The role reunites Sidibe with Daniels, who executive produces with on “Empire” and directed her in “Precious,” for which she earned an Oscar nomination for best actress.
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Harris Co., TX Sherriff Classifies Black Lives Matter as ‘Rhetoric’ Leading to Deputy’s Death
- Terrence Howard Tweets He's Still Attached to 3rd Wife Mira Pak
- 9-Yr-Old Ferguson Girl, Killed as She Did Homework, Remembered on Sunday
- Richard Pryor Biopic Officially Adds Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here