*The Fox drama pilot “Empire” seems to be adding cast members by the hour.
On the heels of Malik Yoba joining Terrence Howard, Taraji P. Henson and Jussie Smollet in the hip-hop themed project from Lee Daniels, Deadline.com is reporting that Gabourey Sidibe has now signed on for a recurring role.
The story centers on Lucious Lyon (Howard), a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public. Henson plays his ex-wife and Smollet will portray their middle son.
Sidibe, fresh from her role in FX’s “American Horror Story: Coven,” will play Lucious’ hard-working assistant.
The role reunites Sidibe with Daniels, who executive produces with on “Empire” and directed her in “Precious,” for which she earned an Oscar nomination for best actress.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- 2016 Music Festival Rolls into Cincinnati July 22-23
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here