*The Fox drama pilot “Empire” seems to be adding cast members by the hour.
On the heels of Malik Yoba joining Terrence Howard, Taraji P. Henson and Jussie Smollet in the hip-hop themed project from Lee Daniels, Deadline.com is reporting that Gabourey Sidibe has now signed on for a recurring role.
The story centers on Lucious Lyon (Howard), a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public. Henson plays his ex-wife and Smollet will portray their middle son.
Sidibe, fresh from her role in FX’s “American Horror Story: Coven,” will play Lucious’ hard-working assistant.
The role reunites Sidibe with Daniels, who executive produces with on “Empire” and directed her in “Precious,” for which she earned an Oscar nomination for best actress.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Camille Cosby Must Give Deposition in Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case ... with Limits
- Lamar Odom's First Public Appearance is Kanye’s 'Yeezy Season 3' Show
- Va. Parents Mad As Heck Over White Guilt Video About 'Unequal Opportunity'
- TrOyMan: Back Again with New EP & Single
- 'RACE' Kicks Off NBA All Star Weekend 2016 with Red Carpet Screening (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Camp Reacts to Kanye West Lyric, ‘I Made That B*tch Famous’
- Martin Shkreli Offers Kanye $10M for 'The Life of Pablo' Album
- The Film Strip: Katie Holmes Tackles Mental Illness in 'Touched by Fire’
- Trump Sticker Causes Heated Interaction Between St. John’s University Students
- Raven-Symoné Reacts to Getting Shoved Out of the Way For Kendall Jenner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here