*The Fox drama pilot “Empire” seems to be adding cast members by the hour.
On the heels of Malik Yoba joining Terrence Howard, Taraji P. Henson and Jussie Smollet in the hip-hop themed project from Lee Daniels, Deadline.com is reporting that Gabourey Sidibe has now signed on for a recurring role.
The story centers on Lucious Lyon (Howard), a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public. Henson plays his ex-wife and Smollet will portray their middle son.
Sidibe, fresh from her role in FX’s “American Horror Story: Coven,” will play Lucious’ hard-working assistant.
The role reunites Sidibe with Daniels, who executive produces with on “Empire” and directed her in “Precious,” for which she earned an Oscar nomination for best actress.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here