*The Fox drama pilot “Empire” seems to be adding cast members by the hour.
On the heels of Malik Yoba joining Terrence Howard, Taraji P. Henson and Jussie Smollet in the hip-hop themed project from Lee Daniels, Deadline.com is reporting that Gabourey Sidibe has now signed on for a recurring role.
The story centers on Lucious Lyon (Howard), a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public. Henson plays his ex-wife and Smollet will portray their middle son.
Sidibe, fresh from her role in FX’s “American Horror Story: Coven,” will play Lucious’ hard-working assistant.
The role reunites Sidibe with Daniels, who executive produces with on “Empire” and directed her in “Precious,” for which she earned an Oscar nomination for best actress.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here