*Hezekiah Walker’s “Every Praise” joins an exclusive club of songs that have topped Billboard’s weekly airplay chart for half a year or more, as the track rebounds 2-1 to earn its 26th nonconsecutive week at No. 1 on Gospel Airplay.
The song becomes one of only seven tracks that have dominated a Nielsen BDS-based airplay ranking for six months or more.
Billboard ‘s Gary Trust writes: “Noticeably, Gospel Airplay boasts three of the seven longest airplay chart reigns. Coincidence? Likely not. The momentum of certain gospel hits can steamroll, as, after they grow ubiquitous at radio, or sometimes simultaneously, they become popular with church choirs, worship leaders and ministers of music, thus, finding new audiences with congregants that may or may not be gospel radio listeners. That appeal, invariably, elongates the songs’ relevance and familiarity and can prolong their dominance on gospel radio.”
While Walker celebrates six months atop Gospel Airplay, it’s not his first lengthy run at No. 1. His prior leader, “Souled Out,” with LFC, topped the chart for 14 weeks in 2009. (Reinforcing Walker’s wide reach, both songs also crossed to R&B radio, with “Praise” bringing him his highest Adult R&B peak, No. 22, in January.)
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here