*Idris Elba is in final negotiations to perform the role and provide the voice of the killer tiger Shere Khan in Disney’s update on “The Jungle Book.”
Directed by Jon Favreau, the film will be a mix of live action and VFX that is being overseen by Rob Legato, whose VFX credits include “Avatar,” “The Wolf Of Wall Street,” “Hugo” and “Titanic,” the latter two of which won him Oscars, reports Deadline.com.
Disney is moving very quickly as it is in a race with Warner Bros on versions of Rudyard Kipling’s public domain title. The rival project is still looking for a director after Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu dropped from the project.
Elba most recently starred as late South African leader Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom” and “Thor: The Dark World” and next stars in the Cary Fukunaga-directed “Beasts Of No Nation.”
In “Jungle Book,” Elba’s character Shere Khan stalks young Mowgli after deciding to kill him before he becomes too much of a threat.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here