*Idris Elba is in final negotiations to perform the role and provide the voice of the killer tiger Shere Khan in Disney’s update on “The Jungle Book.”
Directed by Jon Favreau, the film will be a mix of live action and VFX that is being overseen by Rob Legato, whose VFX credits include “Avatar,” “The Wolf Of Wall Street,” “Hugo” and “Titanic,” the latter two of which won him Oscars, reports Deadline.com.
Disney is moving very quickly as it is in a race with Warner Bros on versions of Rudyard Kipling’s public domain title. The rival project is still looking for a director after Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu dropped from the project.
Elba most recently starred as late South African leader Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom” and “Thor: The Dark World” and next stars in the Cary Fukunaga-directed “Beasts Of No Nation.”
In “Jungle Book,” Elba’s character Shere Khan stalks young Mowgli after deciding to kill him before he becomes too much of a threat.
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here