*Idris Elba is in final negotiations to perform the role and provide the voice of the killer tiger Shere Khan in Disney’s update on “The Jungle Book.”
Directed by Jon Favreau, the film will be a mix of live action and VFX that is being overseen by Rob Legato, whose VFX credits include “Avatar,” “The Wolf Of Wall Street,” “Hugo” and “Titanic,” the latter two of which won him Oscars, reports Deadline.com.
Disney is moving very quickly as it is in a race with Warner Bros on versions of Rudyard Kipling’s public domain title. The rival project is still looking for a director after Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu dropped from the project.
Elba most recently starred as late South African leader Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom” and “Thor: The Dark World” and next stars in the Cary Fukunaga-directed “Beasts Of No Nation.”
In “Jungle Book,” Elba’s character Shere Khan stalks young Mowgli after deciding to kill him before he becomes too much of a threat.
- Amiri Baraka’s 'Dutchman' Opens July 15 Limited Engagement @ Edgemar Center for Arts
- 50 Cent Celebrates 40th; Diddy Offers Him Lifetime of Ciroc
- Kanye Babysits Kourtney's Kid After Bust-up with Scott Disick
- Cynthia Bailey Responds to NeNe Leaving RHOA
- Maybe We Can't Solve World Hunger...But We Can Put a Serious Dent in It By Doing This!
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here