*Idris Elba is in final negotiations to perform the role and provide the voice of the killer tiger Shere Khan in Disney’s update on “The Jungle Book.”
Directed by Jon Favreau, the film will be a mix of live action and VFX that is being overseen by Rob Legato, whose VFX credits include “Avatar,” “The Wolf Of Wall Street,” “Hugo” and “Titanic,” the latter two of which won him Oscars, reports Deadline.com.
Disney is moving very quickly as it is in a race with Warner Bros on versions of Rudyard Kipling’s public domain title. The rival project is still looking for a director after Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu dropped from the project.
Elba most recently starred as late South African leader Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom” and “Thor: The Dark World” and next stars in the Cary Fukunaga-directed “Beasts Of No Nation.”
In “Jungle Book,” Elba’s character Shere Khan stalks young Mowgli after deciding to kill him before he becomes too much of a threat.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Corrie Harris Asks Are you 'Entouch' with Fashion?
- Happy Valentines Day from ThisNthat: 3 Funny Videos Just for You!
- Steve Harvey's Decepti-Date Segment is An #EpicFail
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here