*Idris Elba is in final negotiations to perform the role and provide the voice of the killer tiger Shere Khan in Disney’s update on “The Jungle Book.”
Directed by Jon Favreau, the film will be a mix of live action and VFX that is being overseen by Rob Legato, whose VFX credits include “Avatar,” “The Wolf Of Wall Street,” “Hugo” and “Titanic,” the latter two of which won him Oscars, reports Deadline.com.
Disney is moving very quickly as it is in a race with Warner Bros on versions of Rudyard Kipling’s public domain title. The rival project is still looking for a director after Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu dropped from the project.
Elba most recently starred as late South African leader Nelson Mandela in “Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom” and “Thor: The Dark World” and next stars in the Cary Fukunaga-directed “Beasts Of No Nation.”
In “Jungle Book,” Elba’s character Shere Khan stalks young Mowgli after deciding to kill him before he becomes too much of a threat.
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here