*Idris Elba picked up one of the top prizes at Britain’s Royal Television Society Awards in London on Tuesday.
The “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom” star landed the Best Male Actor Award for his role in U.K. detective series “Luther.”
Olivia Colman picked up the Best Actress accolade for crime drama “Broadchurch.”
Other winners at the ceremony, held at London’s Grosvenor House Hotel, included “Game of Thrones,” which was named Best International Program, and “Broadchurch,” which landed Best Drama Serial.
Beloved U.K soap opera “Coronation Street” was crowned Best Soap and Continuing Drama, while “Poirot” actor David Suchet was honored with a lifetime achievement award.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here