*Idris Elba picked up one of the top prizes at Britain’s Royal Television Society Awards in London on Tuesday.
The “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom” star landed the Best Male Actor Award for his role in U.K. detective series “Luther.”
Olivia Colman picked up the Best Actress accolade for crime drama “Broadchurch.”
Other winners at the ceremony, held at London’s Grosvenor House Hotel, included “Game of Thrones,” which was named Best International Program, and “Broadchurch,” which landed Best Drama Serial.
Beloved U.K soap opera “Coronation Street” was crowned Best Soap and Continuing Drama, while “Poirot” actor David Suchet was honored with a lifetime achievement award.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here