*Idris Elba picked up one of the top prizes at Britain’s Royal Television Society Awards in London on Tuesday.
The “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom” star landed the Best Male Actor Award for his role in U.K. detective series “Luther.”
Olivia Colman picked up the Best Actress accolade for crime drama “Broadchurch.”
Other winners at the ceremony, held at London’s Grosvenor House Hotel, included “Game of Thrones,” which was named Best International Program, and “Broadchurch,” which landed Best Drama Serial.
Beloved U.K soap opera “Coronation Street” was crowned Best Soap and Continuing Drama, while “Poirot” actor David Suchet was honored with a lifetime achievement award.
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Harris Co., TX Sherriff Classifies Black Lives Matter as ‘Rhetoric’ Leading to Deputy’s Death
- Terrence Howard Tweets He's Still Attached to 3rd Wife Mira Pak
- 9-Yr-Old Ferguson Girl, Killed as She Did Homework, Remembered on Sunday
- Richard Pryor Biopic Officially Adds Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here