*Seven years after he was kicked off “Grey’s Anatomy” for allegedly using a gay slur, ABC says Isaiah Washington will return to the medical drama for a guest appearance in May.
Washington exited Shonda Rhimes’ series in 2007 after an on-set altercation the year before, in which he was accused of hurling an anti-gay epithet at another cast member at the time, T.R. Knight.
Washington’s return as Dr. Preston Burke will coincide with the announced departure of series star Sandra Oh at the season’s end in May. Her character, Dr. Cristina Yang, was engaged to Washington’s Burke at one point in the long-running drama.
The exact date in May of Washington’s episode was not announced.
During the controversy involving him, Washington also used the epithet backstage at the 2007 Golden Globe awards. He publicly apologized and tried to make amends by meeting with gay-rights organizations.
Washington will return to series television next week in the CW series “The 100,” which premieres March 19.
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here