*Seven years after he was kicked off “Grey’s Anatomy” for allegedly using a gay slur, ABC says Isaiah Washington will return to the medical drama for a guest appearance in May.
Washington exited Shonda Rhimes’ series in 2007 after an on-set altercation the year before, in which he was accused of hurling an anti-gay epithet at another cast member at the time, T.R. Knight.
Washington’s return as Dr. Preston Burke will coincide with the announced departure of series star Sandra Oh at the season’s end in May. Her character, Dr. Cristina Yang, was engaged to Washington’s Burke at one point in the long-running drama.
The exact date in May of Washington’s episode was not announced.
During the controversy involving him, Washington also used the epithet backstage at the 2007 Golden Globe awards. He publicly apologized and tried to make amends by meeting with gay-rights organizations.
Washington will return to series television next week in the CW series “The 100,” which premieres March 19.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here