*Malik Yoba has joined the expanding cast of Lee Daniels’ hip hop-themed Fox drama “Empire.”
Terrence Howard stars as Lucious Lyon (Howard), a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public.
Yoba will play Vernon Turner, Lucious’s longtime friend from the streets and business associate who is now the chairman of the board of Empire Entertainment.
As previously reported, Taraji P. Henson plays Cookie Lyon, Lucious’ ex-wife and former business partner who did 17 years in prison for dealing drugs – money she funneled directly to Lucious’ fledging music empire. Now she’s been released early for good behavior and she wants what’s hers.
Jussie Smollet plays Lucious and Cookie’s gay son Jamal, who has been judged and rejected by his father despite being a musical prodigy.
Timbaland has signed on as the pilot’s songwriter and song producer. Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer are executive producing.
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Fo Yo Soul Recordings/RCA Signs Christon Gray
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here