*Malik Yoba has joined the expanding cast of Lee Daniels’ hip hop-themed Fox drama “Empire.”
Terrence Howard stars as Lucious Lyon (Howard), a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public.
Yoba will play Vernon Turner, Lucious’s longtime friend from the streets and business associate who is now the chairman of the board of Empire Entertainment.
As previously reported, Taraji P. Henson plays Cookie Lyon, Lucious’ ex-wife and former business partner who did 17 years in prison for dealing drugs – money she funneled directly to Lucious’ fledging music empire. Now she’s been released early for good behavior and she wants what’s hers.
Jussie Smollet plays Lucious and Cookie’s gay son Jamal, who has been judged and rejected by his father despite being a musical prodigy.
Timbaland has signed on as the pilot’s songwriter and song producer. Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer are executive producing.
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here