*Malik Yoba has joined the expanding cast of Lee Daniels’ hip hop-themed Fox drama “Empire.”
Terrence Howard stars as Lucious Lyon (Howard), a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public.
Yoba will play Vernon Turner, Lucious’s longtime friend from the streets and business associate who is now the chairman of the board of Empire Entertainment.
As previously reported, Taraji P. Henson plays Cookie Lyon, Lucious’ ex-wife and former business partner who did 17 years in prison for dealing drugs – money she funneled directly to Lucious’ fledging music empire. Now she’s been released early for good behavior and she wants what’s hers.
Jussie Smollet plays Lucious and Cookie’s gay son Jamal, who has been judged and rejected by his father despite being a musical prodigy.
Timbaland has signed on as the pilot’s songwriter and song producer. Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer are executive producing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here