*Malik Yoba has joined the expanding cast of Lee Daniels’ hip hop-themed Fox drama “Empire.”
Terrence Howard stars as Lucious Lyon (Howard), a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public.
Yoba will play Vernon Turner, Lucious’s longtime friend from the streets and business associate who is now the chairman of the board of Empire Entertainment.
As previously reported, Taraji P. Henson plays Cookie Lyon, Lucious’ ex-wife and former business partner who did 17 years in prison for dealing drugs – money she funneled directly to Lucious’ fledging music empire. Now she’s been released early for good behavior and she wants what’s hers.
Jussie Smollet plays Lucious and Cookie’s gay son Jamal, who has been judged and rejected by his father despite being a musical prodigy.
Timbaland has signed on as the pilot’s songwriter and song producer. Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer are executive producing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Beyonce Adds Dates to North American Leg of Formation Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here