*In Los Angeles, 74-year-old Mary Virginia Jones (pictured), who served 32 years for a murder committed by an abusive boyfriend, was released from prison early Tuesday morning.
Here’s what ABC7 is reporting:
Mary Virginia Jones was convicted of first-degree murder, kidnapping and robbery in 1981 and sentenced to life without parole for a killing committed alongside then-boyfriend and abuser Mose Willis.
Willis allegedly kidnapped two men and ordered Jones at gunpoint to drive a car to a back alley in Los Angeles, where Willis shot the men. Jones ran and was arrested a few days later. Willis was arrested, and later died while awaiting execution on death row.
Law students at USC’s Post-Conviction Justice Project recently challenged her case. They argued she would not have been convicted if the jury had heard expert testimony about the impact of intimate partner battering.
Get MORE of this story at ABC7.
Watch this video report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Corrie Harris Asks Are you 'Entouch' with Fashion?
- Happy Valentines Day from ThisNthat: 3 Funny Videos Just for You!
- Steve Harvey's Decepti-Date Segment is An #EpicFail
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here