*In Los Angeles, 74-year-old Mary Virginia Jones (pictured), who served 32 years for a murder committed by an abusive boyfriend, was released from prison early Tuesday morning.
Here’s what ABC7 is reporting:
Mary Virginia Jones was convicted of first-degree murder, kidnapping and robbery in 1981 and sentenced to life without parole for a killing committed alongside then-boyfriend and abuser Mose Willis.
Willis allegedly kidnapped two men and ordered Jones at gunpoint to drive a car to a back alley in Los Angeles, where Willis shot the men. Jones ran and was arrested a few days later. Willis was arrested, and later died while awaiting execution on death row.
Law students at USC’s Post-Conviction Justice Project recently challenged her case. They argued she would not have been convicted if the jury had heard expert testimony about the impact of intimate partner battering.
Get MORE of this story at ABC7.
Watch this video report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here