*MC Hammer has filed papers in appeals court against a ruling that awards the IRS nearly $800,000 in back taxes, saying that he had already resolved the issue.
According to Radar Online, Hammer was sued three years ago by the IRS with his wife Stephanie, claiming he was in the red to the tune of $798,033.48 for back taxes in the years 1996 and 1997.
The judgment was upheld by a judge Dec. 3, with a stipulation that all of the rapper’s future royalties be forwarded to the government until the debt is settled, leading the 51-year-old to head to appeals court. There, he stated in court docs that the previous ruling should be voided, as he had settled the matter under terms of a bankruptcy agreement.
In court docs, the rapper’s lawyers asked if officials might have made an error in considering details of the previous agreement.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here