*MC Hammer has filed papers in appeals court against a ruling that awards the IRS nearly $800,000 in back taxes, saying that he had already resolved the issue.
According to Radar Online, Hammer was sued three years ago by the IRS with his wife Stephanie, claiming he was in the red to the tune of $798,033.48 for back taxes in the years 1996 and 1997.
The judgment was upheld by a judge Dec. 3, with a stipulation that all of the rapper’s future royalties be forwarded to the government until the debt is settled, leading the 51-year-old to head to appeals court. There, he stated in court docs that the previous ruling should be voided, as he had settled the matter under terms of a bankruptcy agreement.
In court docs, the rapper’s lawyers asked if officials might have made an error in considering details of the previous agreement.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here