*MC Hammer has filed papers in appeals court against a ruling that awards the IRS nearly $800,000 in back taxes, saying that he had already resolved the issue.
According to Radar Online, Hammer was sued three years ago by the IRS with his wife Stephanie, claiming he was in the red to the tune of $798,033.48 for back taxes in the years 1996 and 1997.
The judgment was upheld by a judge Dec. 3, with a stipulation that all of the rapper’s future royalties be forwarded to the government until the debt is settled, leading the 51-year-old to head to appeals court. There, he stated in court docs that the previous ruling should be voided, as he had settled the matter under terms of a bankruptcy agreement.
In court docs, the rapper’s lawyers asked if officials might have made an error in considering details of the previous agreement.
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here