*MC Hammer has filed papers in appeals court against a ruling that awards the IRS nearly $800,000 in back taxes, saying that he had already resolved the issue.
According to Radar Online, Hammer was sued three years ago by the IRS with his wife Stephanie, claiming he was in the red to the tune of $798,033.48 for back taxes in the years 1996 and 1997.
The judgment was upheld by a judge Dec. 3, with a stipulation that all of the rapper’s future royalties be forwarded to the government until the debt is settled, leading the 51-year-old to head to appeals court. There, he stated in court docs that the previous ruling should be voided, as he had settled the matter under terms of a bankruptcy agreement.
In court docs, the rapper’s lawyers asked if officials might have made an error in considering details of the previous agreement.
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here