*MC Hammer has filed papers in appeals court against a ruling that awards the IRS nearly $800,000 in back taxes, saying that he had already resolved the issue.
According to Radar Online, Hammer was sued three years ago by the IRS with his wife Stephanie, claiming he was in the red to the tune of $798,033.48 for back taxes in the years 1996 and 1997.
The judgment was upheld by a judge Dec. 3, with a stipulation that all of the rapper’s future royalties be forwarded to the government until the debt is settled, leading the 51-year-old to head to appeals court. There, he stated in court docs that the previous ruling should be voided, as he had settled the matter under terms of a bankruptcy agreement.
In court docs, the rapper’s lawyers asked if officials might have made an error in considering details of the previous agreement.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Amber Rose to Host Weekly VH1 Talk Show Produced by Dr. Phil
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here