*Philadelphia 76ers player Tony Wroten was in a game against Indiana last Friday when he spun away from the baseline toward the lane — and lost the sole of his Nike Air Jordan 10 sneaker. [Watch below.]
For his experience, the shooting guard says he received an apology from Jordan himself.
“It was more embarrassing than anything,” Wroten said Wednesday, according to the Delaware News Journal. “But things happen. I got an apology from Jordan. Yeah. … He called my agent.”
On the play, Wroten, 20, drove the left baseline and in his wake left the sole of his white Air Jordan as he pivoted to spin to his right, reports ESPN. Play was briefly stopped, and Wroten ran to the locker room and retrieved a black pair.
It was the third time in less than a month that an NBA player’s shoe broke apart midgame. According to The News Journal’s report, Manu Ginobili’s and Andrew Bogut’s hightops were also Nikes.
Watch the play unfold (and the shoe unravel) below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here