*Philadelphia 76ers player Tony Wroten was in a game against Indiana last Friday when he spun away from the baseline toward the lane — and lost the sole of his Nike Air Jordan 10 sneaker. [Watch below.]
For his experience, the shooting guard says he received an apology from Jordan himself.
“It was more embarrassing than anything,” Wroten said Wednesday, according to the Delaware News Journal. “But things happen. I got an apology from Jordan. Yeah. … He called my agent.”
On the play, Wroten, 20, drove the left baseline and in his wake left the sole of his white Air Jordan as he pivoted to spin to his right, reports ESPN. Play was briefly stopped, and Wroten ran to the locker room and retrieved a black pair.
It was the third time in less than a month that an NBA player’s shoe broke apart midgame. According to The News Journal’s report, Manu Ginobili’s and Andrew Bogut’s hightops were also Nikes.
Watch the play unfold (and the shoe unravel) below.
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here