*Philadelphia 76ers player Tony Wroten was in a game against Indiana last Friday when he spun away from the baseline toward the lane — and lost the sole of his Nike Air Jordan 10 sneaker. [Watch below.]
For his experience, the shooting guard says he received an apology from Jordan himself.
“It was more embarrassing than anything,” Wroten said Wednesday, according to the Delaware News Journal. “But things happen. I got an apology from Jordan. Yeah. … He called my agent.”
On the play, Wroten, 20, drove the left baseline and in his wake left the sole of his white Air Jordan as he pivoted to spin to his right, reports ESPN. Play was briefly stopped, and Wroten ran to the locker room and retrieved a black pair.
It was the third time in less than a month that an NBA player’s shoe broke apart midgame. According to The News Journal’s report, Manu Ginobili’s and Andrew Bogut’s hightops were also Nikes.
Watch the play unfold (and the shoe unravel) below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here