*Philadelphia 76ers player Tony Wroten was in a game against Indiana last Friday when he spun away from the baseline toward the lane — and lost the sole of his Nike Air Jordan 10 sneaker. [Watch below.]
For his experience, the shooting guard says he received an apology from Jordan himself.
“It was more embarrassing than anything,” Wroten said Wednesday, according to the Delaware News Journal. “But things happen. I got an apology from Jordan. Yeah. … He called my agent.”
On the play, Wroten, 20, drove the left baseline and in his wake left the sole of his white Air Jordan as he pivoted to spin to his right, reports ESPN. Play was briefly stopped, and Wroten ran to the locker room and retrieved a black pair.
It was the third time in less than a month that an NBA player’s shoe broke apart midgame. According to The News Journal’s report, Manu Ginobili’s and Andrew Bogut’s hightops were also Nikes.
Watch the play unfold (and the shoe unravel) below.
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here