*The only known letter written by Martin Luther King Jr. to civil rights heroine Rosa Parks is now up for sale.
The website Moments in Time is offering the historic item for $125,000.
In the correspondence dated April 12, 1960, King candidly writes: “I have been intending to answer your very kind letter of March 14 for several days . . . Your very kind words are very encouraging and consoling.”
He adds, “In the midst of constant harassment and intimidation and because of my involvement in the civil right struggle, I often find myself asking, ‘Is it worth it?’ But then a friend of goodwill comes along with kind encouraging words that gives me renewed vigor . . . to carry on.”
Parks became a civil rights figure in 1955 when she was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a city bus to a white passenger in Montgomery, Alabama.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here