*The only known letter written by Martin Luther King Jr. to civil rights heroine Rosa Parks is now up for sale.
The website Moments in Time is offering the historic item for $125,000.
In the correspondence dated April 12, 1960, King candidly writes: “I have been intending to answer your very kind letter of March 14 for several days . . . Your very kind words are very encouraging and consoling.”
He adds, “In the midst of constant harassment and intimidation and because of my involvement in the civil right struggle, I often find myself asking, ‘Is it worth it?’ But then a friend of goodwill comes along with kind encouraging words that gives me renewed vigor . . . to carry on.”
Parks became a civil rights figure in 1955 when she was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a city bus to a white passenger in Montgomery, Alabama.
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here