*The only known letter written by Martin Luther King Jr. to civil rights heroine Rosa Parks is now up for sale.
The website Moments in Time is offering the historic item for $125,000.
In the correspondence dated April 12, 1960, King candidly writes: “I have been intending to answer your very kind letter of March 14 for several days . . . Your very kind words are very encouraging and consoling.”
He adds, “In the midst of constant harassment and intimidation and because of my involvement in the civil right struggle, I often find myself asking, ‘Is it worth it?’ But then a friend of goodwill comes along with kind encouraging words that gives me renewed vigor . . . to carry on.”
Parks became a civil rights figure in 1955 when she was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a city bus to a white passenger in Montgomery, Alabama.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here