*The only known letter written by Martin Luther King Jr. to civil rights heroine Rosa Parks is now up for sale.
The website Moments in Time is offering the historic item for $125,000.
In the correspondence dated April 12, 1960, King candidly writes: “I have been intending to answer your very kind letter of March 14 for several days . . . Your very kind words are very encouraging and consoling.”
He adds, “In the midst of constant harassment and intimidation and because of my involvement in the civil right struggle, I often find myself asking, ‘Is it worth it?’ But then a friend of goodwill comes along with kind encouraging words that gives me renewed vigor . . . to carry on.”
Parks became a civil rights figure in 1955 when she was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a city bus to a white passenger in Montgomery, Alabama.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Butt-Injection Death of Bronx Non-profit Executive Ruled 'A Homicide'
- NBAer James Harden Proclaims: ‘I Am the Best Player in the League’
- Woman Punched by CHP Officer Arrested Again on Same Freeway!
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Roseburg, Oregon Publisher Declares Pres. Obama is 'Not Welcome’ (WATCH)
- Online Tools and Resources Every Small Business - Entrepreneur Should Have
- Syreeta 'The Trumpet Lady' Thompson Releases Digital Single
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here