*The only known letter written by Martin Luther King Jr. to civil rights heroine Rosa Parks is now up for sale.
The website Moments in Time is offering the historic item for $125,000.
In the correspondence dated April 12, 1960, King candidly writes: “I have been intending to answer your very kind letter of March 14 for several days . . . Your very kind words are very encouraging and consoling.”
He adds, “In the midst of constant harassment and intimidation and because of my involvement in the civil right struggle, I often find myself asking, ‘Is it worth it?’ But then a friend of goodwill comes along with kind encouraging words that gives me renewed vigor . . . to carry on.”
Parks became a civil rights figure in 1955 when she was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a city bus to a white passenger in Montgomery, Alabama.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- National Enquirer Claims Prince Had AIDS and Was ‘Preparing to Die’
- John Legend Presents the Debut Trailer from 'Southside With You'
- Katt Williams Arrested Again After Alleged Salt-Shaker Attack
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here