The Monami Entertainment founder made the confession during an interview with Sway Calloway, saying “I read about it on the blogs just like everyone else did.
“I haven’t been served anything…” she added. “The only people they’ve served are TMZ and Bossip.”
According to reports, Trisha Lum and Nickie Lum-Davis accuse Scott-Young, VH1 and MTV of fraud, breach of contract and breach of confidence for the idea for “Love & Hip-Hop.” The reality show, whic was allegedly supposed to be called “Hip-Hop Wives,” was supposed to feature initial cast members DMX’s ex-wife Tashera Simmons, Jim Jones’ fiancé Chrissy Lampkin, Swizz Beatz’s ex-wife Mashonda Tifere and Debbie Lorenzo, Irv Gotti’s ex-wife.
While she didn’t know anything pertaining to the case, Scott-Young didn’t question the existence of the lawsuit as well as the possibility of similarities between her show and the show created by the people suing her.
“I have to assume there’s some basis to it because these are all very legal looking documents,” said Scott-Young, who admitted to how easy it is for one reality TV show idea to sound a lot like another idea. “So many times there are parallel shows being developed within a network. May the best cast prevail.”
Striking gold is one thing, but according to Scott-Young, it takes something more than just a group of people whose lives are interesting to create a successful reality TV series.
“It’s a reality show. I didn’t create these people because I didn’t give birth to them,” she said. “All I did was shine a camera on a segment of the population that I knew well…You can’t create a reality show. It’s reality.”
“The truth will prevail,” she added.
To see Mona Scott-Young’s interview with Sway Calloway, click on the video below:
- Al Roker’s ‘Wake Up With Al’ Show Cancelled Over Email Fight
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here