Academy Award nominated actress Lupita Nyong’o appears in a small role in the film – her first since making a huge splash on the scene in her ground breaking role in “12 Years A Slave.”
EURweb associate Crystal Shaw-King asked Parker about how he got along with Lupita on set and about his thoughts on her Oscar nomination. His answer was very revealing – check it out …
“She’s beautiful, she’s humble. You’d never know. She just could have came on set and said ‘I’m just doing this for the money, I got an Academy Award [nomination]’ but you never would have known. No one knew and I spent time with her every single day. We ate lunch almost every day and she never really talked about it. She just treated everyone with respect. Here’s a woman that’s Yale educated, takes her craft very seriously. And all I hope for her is that Hollywood recognizes her talent. And that this doesn’t become some film we see her in, and three years from now we’re like ‘yeah remember Lupita?’ I want to see more darker skin, short hair, thick lips, body … we exist, we’re here we’re ingrained in the fabric of this country and we deserve to be represented in positive ways across the board… so let’s see where she is next year at the Academy Awards because I know her talent so I know she’ll deserve to be there too.”
For the suspense thriller “Non-Stop,” Parker plays a passenger on an international flight From New York to London that’s put in jeopardy after U.S. federal air marshal Bill Marks (Liam Neeson) receives a series of frightening text messages threatening unnamed passengers on the flight. This sets off a race against time to find out who the threat is coming from and to save 150 innocent lives.
“Non-Stop” from Universal Pictures is in theaters now.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here