Academy Award nominated actress Lupita Nyong’o appears in a small role in the film – her first since making a huge splash on the scene in her ground breaking role in “12 Years A Slave.”
EURweb associate Crystal Shaw-King asked Parker about how he got along with Lupita on set and about his thoughts on her Oscar nomination. His answer was very revealing – check it out …
“She’s beautiful, she’s humble. You’d never know. She just could have came on set and said ‘I’m just doing this for the money, I got an Academy Award [nomination]’ but you never would have known. No one knew and I spent time with her every single day. We ate lunch almost every day and she never really talked about it. She just treated everyone with respect. Here’s a woman that’s Yale educated, takes her craft very seriously. And all I hope for her is that Hollywood recognizes her talent. And that this doesn’t become some film we see her in, and three years from now we’re like ‘yeah remember Lupita?’ I want to see more darker skin, short hair, thick lips, body … we exist, we’re here we’re ingrained in the fabric of this country and we deserve to be represented in positive ways across the board… so let’s see where she is next year at the Academy Awards because I know her talent so I know she’ll deserve to be there too.”
For the suspense thriller “Non-Stop,” Parker plays a passenger on an international flight From New York to London that’s put in jeopardy after U.S. federal air marshal Bill Marks (Liam Neeson) receives a series of frightening text messages threatening unnamed passengers on the flight. This sets off a race against time to find out who the threat is coming from and to save 150 innocent lives.
“Non-Stop” from Universal Pictures is in theaters now.
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here